Report on the Atlasian Revitalization Committee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:42:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Report on the Atlasian Revitalization Committee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Report on the Atlasian Revitalization Committee  (Read 1144 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2007, 01:28:25 PM »

Esteemed Senators,

First, of all I'm going to reiterate the point I made in response to the Resolution once it was proposed by Senator Jas and also in the, subsequent, Senate Debate. I feel that the Atlasian Revitalization Committee doesn't have that much to report.

A handful of proposals were suggested; two of which were introduced for the Senate to consider: Senator Ernest's Federal Activity Requiremens Revision Bill and my Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules. Both of which passed the Senate, the latter currently being subject to ratification by the Regions

Well intentioned as the Atlasian Revitalization Committee was, it never really got off the ground. There were a number of changes to the composition of the Committee, while my illness back in November saw my activity scale down, significantly, and on my return, I felt that my time was better devoted to the Senate, especially in my capacity as President Pro Tempore. Although, out of action, for best part of two weeks, it took longer for me to fully recover. I'm not making any excuses, however, indeed, it was an early fear that nothing much would come of the ARC. But that aside, the Senate felt it wouldn't do any harm, passing the Act. I lament the fact that nothing much came of it

That said, however, much of what the ARC was intended to do, gradually, became superseded by the issue of wider Constitutional, and government structural, reform. When then Vice President Dr Cynic assumed the presidency following President Al's resignation, he proposed his Reform Plan and a number of prominent Atlasians, Vice President True Democrat, Senator Colin Wixted and then Associate Justice Afleitch worked with him closely on that. From this came True Democrat's proposed Third Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, which I introduced to the Senate, and which is currently being deliberated by the Senate

In sum, the Committee feels that, irrespective of our few efforts, that Atlasia is now on the right track and all those involved in the construction of President Dr Cynic's proposed plan and President True Democrat's proposed Third Constitution are to be commended for their sterling work

The Sixteenth Senate began work on the proposed Third Constitution just before Christmas, which wasn't exactly the best of time of year to embark on something so fundamental, and now the impetus for reform rests firmly with the Seventeenth Senate

That concludes my report

Dave 'Hawk'
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies