Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:23:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back  (Read 5715 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:21 PM »

She supported Lieberman in both his primary and his general election.
Lieberman dropped his investigation into Bush's failure on Katrina.
Joe just killed Mary's chances in 2008.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/washington/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1168673400293640.xml&coll=1
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 07:06:50 PM »

The ending of the Landrieu's influence over Louisiana politics would be a good thing I think.
I'd rather her seat go to another Democrat though.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 07:11:04 PM »

The ending of the Landrieu's influence over Louisiana politics would be a good thing I think.
I'd rather her seat go to another Democrat though.

Which other Democrat? I think this seat will go Republican now that New Orleans has been sufficiently de-blacked.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 07:16:03 PM »

C'mon, jfern, you didn't really expect Holy Joe to investigate all those Republicans after they so generously donated to his reelection campaign did you? Yes, Lieberman is slime, but this is hardly surprising. Don't ever trust anything a politician says when he/she is up for reelection that year, especially when the pol's name is Joe Lieberman.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »

Can the Senate Homeland Security Committee not censure its Chairman over his decision?

I'm disgusted Angry with Lieberman on this one considering all the criticism he levelled at Susan Collins back then and what he's saying now

This is not so much an abandoning of a "witch hunt" more a case of the hell with accountablity Sad

And as for Michael "You're doing a heck of a job" Brown had he spoken to me in the House hearing the way he spoke to Rep. Gene Taylor, I'd have likely had my very own 'Cynthia McKinney Moment'

Dave
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 08:43:08 PM »

Can the Senate Homeland Security Committee not censure its Chairman over his decision?

I'm disgusted Angry with Lieberman on this one considering all the criticism he levelled at Susan Collins back then and what he's saying now

This is not so much an abandoning of a "witch hunt" more a case of the hell with accountablity Sad

And as for Michael "You're doing a heck of a job" Brown had he spoken to me in the House hearing the way he spoke to Rep. Gene Taylor, I'd have likely had my very own 'Cynthia McKinney Moment'

Dave

See? Lamont was the clearly better choice.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »

Lieberman is even worse than I ever thought. The guy is a complete slimeball who uses all the same rhetoric as your typical right-winger.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »

Dave

And I'll have less of the wise cracks! I'm asking whether or not the Committee can, more or less, overrule Lieberman?

Dave
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 09:03:20 PM »

Dave

And I'll have less of the wise cracks! I'm asking whether or not the Committee can, more or less, overrule Lieberman?

Dave

If in the primary Lieberman basically said "nominate me or I'll run as an independent in the general, and if elected will blackmail the Democrats to put me in a powerful position and then stab the party in the back", no one would've supported him. Lieberman alone is to blame for his conduct.

The Connecticut Democratic Party made their choice, and it was no Joe Lieberman. Supporting Lieberman afterwards is enabling anything he has done today.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 09:42:06 PM »

Oh Joe, just come to our side (I mean after you become pro-life, anti-gay, pro-gun, anti-raising taxes, etc. etc.)

He is still a Democrat in philosophy and much more so than most in the senate
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 09:53:53 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2007, 09:56:16 PM by SoFA Gabu »

You know, I don't get Lieberman.  He agrees with the Democrats on almost every single major issue save for Iraq, and yet here he is doing crap like this.  I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's wearing really thin the more he says and does.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 09:55:17 PM »

Man this guy really ticks me off.  What does he have to gain by sheilding Bush?  I don't understand him at all.  As for killing Landrieu's chances, I think they were already dead.  Unless she can convince 200,000 people to move back to Louisiana she's done for.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 10:08:37 PM »

I figured it out.

Joe Lieberman = htmldon
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 10:12:21 PM »

Dave

Dave

Politically, no.  They do, Lieberman bolts, and the Senate is GOP.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 10:14:28 PM »

Maybe it's better to just let him bolt rather than allow him to f'uck up everything we try to do in the majority.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 10:15:16 PM »

Dave

Dave

And Lieberman's chances of reelection in 2012 become significantly less than those of a snowball surviving 5 seconds in hell.
Deano963

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 10:29:31 PM »

Dave

Dave

.....and all of those CT Dems who voted for Joe feel like the biggest dumbasses in history.....
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 11:01:20 PM »

You know, I don't get Lieberman.  He agrees with the Democrats on almost every single major issue save for Iraq, and yet here he is doing crap like this.  I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's wearing really thin the more he says and does.

I think its just to spite us for not giving him the nomination in 2004 Tongue
Conan
conan

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 11:07:06 PM »

Lieberman should be stripped of his committee chair. He's bluffing.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 03:28:56 AM »

What to the ever.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »

Couldn't care. Anyone not from that family.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Landrieu's haven't "exactly" been opponents of "de-blacking" though... if Landrieu loses for that reason, it would just prove that someone up their has a sense of humour.

Re; Lieberman in general... unfortunately, the reality of the sitution with him is that you're all just going to have to get used to sucking him off every now and again for the next few years. Unless you want the Republicans to take back the Senate. He's probably enjoying all this rather a lot...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 10:01:12 AM »

C'mon, jfern, you didn't really expect Holy Joe to investigate all those Republicans after they so generously donated to his reelection campaign did you? Yes, Lieberman is slime, but this is hardly surprising.
Hate to say it, but that's probably the best approximation of his motifs that we're going to get.

And I'm not so sure about the NOLA deblacking stuff... sure the city has lost population, but the Black parts of Jefferson Parish seem to be going strongly, as viz. Dollar Bill's recent election experiences. And St Bernard Parish is basically gone for good, but it had only 60,000 inhabitants, and they were mostly White Republicans anyways.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 10:22:39 AM »

Since Joe is not welcome anymore in the Democratic Party, I propose a straight up trade - Lieberman for Hagel.  We'll both be happier.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 10:47:01 AM »

Seconded.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 10:53:16 AM »

Astonishing.  The Democratic Party needs to sustain as many Senate seats in the South as it can.  We only have the entire Arkansas delagation, and one in Florida, Virginia and Louisiana. 

As for Lieberman - that man really is maddening.  I hope he gets removed from Chairmanship of Homeland Security; such an important committee shouldn't have a complete tw*t like him holding it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies