Zogby (uh oh): Edwards leads in Iowa.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:07:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Zogby (uh oh): Edwards leads in Iowa.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zogby (uh oh): Edwards leads in Iowa.  (Read 1926 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:45:33 PM »

Of course its Zogby, so take it with a grain of salt....although this would fit with most of what we have heard about Iowa.

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1236

Edwards: 27%
Obama: 17%
Vilsack: 16%
Clinton: 16%
Please Delete my account!!
Michael_Barkley
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:48:35 PM »

This has not been a good week for Shillary
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:48:47 PM »

It fits perfectly if you knock off a couple points for Vilsack and add a couple to Obama.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2007, 07:51:08 PM by Eraserhead »

This has not been a good week for Shillary

It really hasn't (which means it was a pretty good week for me).
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 08:01:14 PM »

Once the debates start and Obama hits the trail Edwards will be done.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:03:16 PM »

Maybe Obama will attack Edwards for being a one-term senator who has nothing going for him except for good looks.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:06:19 PM »

Maybe Obama will attack Edwards for being a one-term senator who has nothing going for him except for good looks.

lolz.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 08:12:48 PM »

So now all we need to do is figure out who Zogby thinks will win in order to make sense of his polls, because we can then subtract around 10-20% from that person's totals.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 08:57:29 PM »

STOP HILLARY
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 09:23:22 AM »

Hillary may not be leading in Iowa, but she IS leading just about everywhere else.  I mean, one state and everyone's cheering.  Democrats still have a lot of work if they want to take her out, and I don't think they can do it.  With as a long a history as they have of nominating the worst possible candidate, I don't see them correcting those mistakes anytime soon.....

It'll prove my point if either Hillary or Obama win the nomination.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 01:55:46 PM »

I wouldn't dismiss him so early. Edwards has built a strong base in Iowa, has a good relationship with Nevada labor unions, and has good shot of winning South Carolina. Victories in those early caucus/primary states could give him the momentum need to win the Democratic nomination.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »

Hillary may not be leading in Iowa, but she IS leading just about everywhere else.  I mean, one state and everyone's cheering.  Democrats still have a lot of work if they want to take her out, and I don't think they can do it.  With as a long a history as they have of nominating the worst possible candidate, I don't see them correcting those mistakes anytime soon.....

It seems you don't quite understand the "Democratic mind" and are vastly overestimating Hillary Clinton.  Dem primary and causus voters are not wild-eyed lefties who worship their frontrunners; they are pragmatic and calculating and understand that Hillary is out of the question.  Hillary--if she decides to run--won't win Iowa or New Hampshire, and will most likely drop out early 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »

After Iowa, Kerry essentially won the nomination. You shouldn't underestimate its importance. Also Obama would be a great candidate.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 02:15:11 PM »

Also Obama would be a great candidate.

I actually like Obama, although it's more than a little obvious that the media has a liberal bias, and he is their candidate.  The thing is, a majority of the country simply will not vote for a black man with a name that sounds like Osama and also reminds them of a certain Iraqi dictator.  I know that sounds shallow, but it's true.  The majority of this country will reject him as soon as they learn more about him.  Your party would be better off with someone like Edwards, Richardson, Clark, Gore, Bayh, Warner, etc, etc.  The fact that the two candidates in the lead right now for the primary (a very controversial female with limited experience who moved to a liberal state just because she knew she'd never get elected in her home state; a black man who'll make every single voter in America think of a guy wearing a turban and flying a plane into the WTC) will end up having some of the worst chances of actually winning in the general election.

And I like Obama.  I'm just saying...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 11:58:44 PM »

I actually like Obama, although it's more than a little obvious that the media has a liberal bias, and he is their candidate.  The thing is, a majority of the country simply will not vote for a black man with a name that sounds like Osama and also reminds them of a certain Iraqi dictator.  I know that sounds shallow, but it's true.  The majority of this country will reject him as soon as they learn more about him.  Your party would be better off with someone like Edwards, Richardson, Clark, Gore, Bayh, Warner, etc, etc.  The fact that the two candidates in the lead right now for the primary (a very controversial female with limited experience who moved to a liberal state just because she knew she'd never get elected in her home state; a black man who'll make every single voter in America think of a guy wearing a turban and flying a plane into the WTC) will end up having some of the worst chances of actually winning in the general election.

Well I couldn't disagree more but to each his own.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 12:02:08 AM »

Again I will; say this, the people who would think along those lines and reject him because he is black or because of his name would not be voting Democratic regardless.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies