This is a farce!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:17:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  This is a farce!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: This is a farce!  (Read 8648 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2004, 10:00:59 PM »

Latham admitted to smoking pot and inhaling, and enjoying it :eek:

Peter Costello, the religious but secetarian social liberal and responisible economic conservative wh has delivered surplus budgets for years whilst keeping most social programmes as good as before from Melbourne is the most likely, and imho the best candidate, but there is a possibility it will be Tony Abbott, an absolute nutcase catholic religous freak social and economic uber-conservative sydneysider Tongue

Downer had his go as opposition leader, and failed miserably, to be replaced by Howard. he won't become liberal leader ever again, partially because he's admitted that he never really wanted it in the first place.
Manahan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2004, 06:02:34 PM »

Yeah, that's about it. Costello has a significant powerbase the party, but is generally electorally unpopular, Treasurers (=Taxmen) tend to be.  I have no doubt that Latham will run a "vote for Howard = vote for Costello" campaign.  ......but why is that bad?  

I would vote for Latham, if I could be assured that he wouldn't have a brain-fart and chase the latest populist issue, or issue edicts on the run.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies