World View of US Role Goes From Bad to Worse (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:08:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  World View of US Role Goes From Bad to Worse (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: World View of US Role Goes From Bad to Worse  (Read 4170 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: January 23, 2007, 12:19:44 PM »

I'd love to see polls if the US tried doing the opposite of what it's doing now or doing nothing at all. I suspect the poll numbers would be exactly the same.

I'd like to see polls of the US with basically any other president whatsoever, because I suspect that those poll numbers would be inevitably higher.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »

HOW MANY ELECTORAL VOTES DOES THE WORLD HAVE?!?!?!

How important is it to helping the US achieve its political, economic, and foreign policy goals?

Very.

Silly bullmoose, the United States is an island.  It doesn't need any other countries in the world to survive.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 02:11:57 PM »

I'll put this simply...  "Who cares."  So what if other countries don't like what we do.  If they think they can do it better, then by all means, do it.  Don't just arm-chair quarterback and complain.

I think they would do just that if they were, you know, the world's foremost superpower.

Honestly, I don't understand why so many Americans don't seem to realize that what their country does, by its very status that many Americans so love to gloat about, impacts everyone else in the world.  You can't have your cake and eat it too by being the world's superpower and then acting like you're an island whose business does not concern anyone else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies