RISK Mission II: Finished!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:16:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK Mission II: Finished!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: RISK Mission II: Finished!  (Read 24890 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2007, 04:57:01 PM »

Damn. I was positioned to make a run at Gabu too.

My packet of risk cards was ready. Gah

If I had thought I wasn't going to be able to take Hugh out, I would have gone after WY, SD, and MN instead, which would have forced you to go through MY and PA to accomplish your mission and denied you the reserves in Minnesota with which to attack, so even with a RISK card set, it would have tough for you to have done so.  If either you or MAS had taken a state from me in the Southwest last round, I would not have had enough armies with which to launch a a successful attack on Hugo as that would have cost me 4 reinforcements.

I was contemplating going South from Wyoming to New Mexico to cut off some of your reinforcements, but I didn't know how much game time I had left...I felt it wiser to get towards Gabu and collect a set so I could finish him off.

I was also, depending on what armies he had left, contemplating taking Hugh out so I could get his 2 or 3 cards which would likely give me another set and position to kill the Canuck.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2007, 04:22:57 AM »

I was meant to take out MAS. My aim was to take the Midatlantic region (and it's benefits)and head south, hoping someone else would knock him out out west. That didn't work, obviously, so instead I was going to wait for ernest to destroy him in the south and try to get him out west.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2007, 08:35:19 AM »

I was suppose to take out Ernest, lol.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »

I was meant to take out MAS. My aim was to take the Midatlantic region (and it's benefits)and head south, hoping someone else would knock him out out west. That didn't work, obviously, so instead I was going to wait for ernest to destroy him in the south and try to get him out west.

I never took out either half of MAS's territory tho I could have easily have done so earlier by concentrating on that half because I was worried that someone would have the mission to conquer him, so I didn't want to make it easier for them.  The possible missions out there caused me to play as much to avoid helping someone else to win as it did to actually win.

The staunch defense of Virginia did extend the game by a turn for at least Josh.  If I had taken Virginia without any loss in Round 5 I would have tried for the victory then, but they defended so well, that I couldn't even execute my backup plan of taking out Josh in Maryland to get his RISK card.  I didn't even dare try taking Josh on 8 vs. 8 since if I failed and someone had the mission to conquer him, I'd have made it easy for them to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies