The Political Machine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:05:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Political Machine
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Political Machine  (Read 2437 times)
Please Delete my account!!
Michael_Barkley
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:40:35 PM »

A friend of mine who bought this game a couple years ago and now never plays it anymore decided to let me have it.  I gave it a try.  It looks cool on the cover, but this game is crazy.  When going through the campaign mode, it goes from embarassingly easy to impossibly hard.

I played as Bush.  In my very first election I absolutley slaughtered Wesley Clark, winning all states and 538 electoral votes.  I got almost 90 million votes and the entire map was bright red.   Yes, I even won D.C. with Bush.  It was like this the first 4 elections as I would get in the high 400's or over 500 in some elections. 

When I got to the second tier with Gore, Clinton, and LBJ it got slightly more difficult, but I still did really well and got over 400 electoral votes in each election.  But then I get up to FDR and it's impossible to beat.  The guy like gets all the endoresements in the first 10 turns as well as seems to have an infinite amount of money to spend on advertisitng.  Before I can sneeze the whole map, including Texas is Blue.  It's insane.   

The game is cool for like 10 minutes, but it's unrealistic and gets pretty borring pretty fast.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 02:14:29 AM »

Yup.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 08:30:03 AM »

Use crtl+m to get unlimited money, makes it easy to defeat FDR as well, although I only play w/Dems to unlock Republicans
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 11:29:37 PM »

Horrid game.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 01:53:44 AM »

This game was fun for about 5 seconds.  One of the worst things about this game was that you were extremely limited in the number of attribute points you had to create a charecter with.  I don't even think you were allowed as many attribute points as George W. Bush, which made it pretty hard to win a game with created figures.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »

I found the game terribly repetitive. I also found it easy to beat... All I've ever had to do is use the money cheat and I can beat anybody...

It's been almost four months since I played it last... My personal favorite is still President Elect 1988. It may be old, but no other game, including Power Politics 92, can beat its realisim.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 09:20:38 PM »

I found the game terribly repetitive. I also found it easy to beat... All I've ever had to do is use the money cheat and I can beat anybody...

Well yeah, if you cheat I imagine it's not hard to win.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 10:58:55 PM »

Well yeah, if you cheat I imagine it's not hard to win.

KEmp, haven't you ever heard the old quote... (Could be attributed to about forty people) "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies