2006 Election Irregularities
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:49:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2006 Election Irregularities
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2006 Election Irregularities  (Read 3019 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:40:03 PM »

Since the Democrats always use polls as "evidence" as voter fraud, I decided that I would beat them at their own game.

In the Senate races in MN, MD, PA, RI, and WA, the poll averages for the Democratic candidates far underestimated their actual margin of victory. Though it probably wouldn't have mattered in MN, PA, and WA, it could have made all the difference in MD and RI. The RCP poll average showed Cardin and Whitehouse winning by 3% and 1%, respectively, well within the margin of error. However, in reality, Cardin won by 9% and Whitehouse won by 6%. Can any of the Democrats care to explain why these people won by 5% more than polls suggest? If my theories of voter fraud in Maryland and Rhode Island are correct, we could have had Senators Steele and Chafee right now.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:07:09 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2007, 09:08:48 PM by Verily »

I have never heard a cogent argument based on polls. The arguments are about faulty voting equipment combined with shady dealings by election officials (such as Ohio 2004, though I don't think it was enough to make a difference there), or about obvious irregularities, such as in FL-13 and the 2000 election. There is no evidence of either in MD or RI.

No one argues that the polls were rigged in the 2002 Georgia Senate race (though Cleland had about a 5-point lead going in in the polls and lost) because there is no evidence of wrongdoing otherwise; Chambliss supporters were simply really energized.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:12:26 PM »

Well according to your logic, Walter Mondale, Max Cleland, Tom Strickland and Jeanne Shaheen all would have won in 2002 giving the Democrats a gain of two seats instead of a loss of two.

In 2004 this means that Betty Castor, Chris John, and Tony Knowles would have won giving the Republicans a one seat gain instead of four. 

Democrats would have a 56-44 Senate majority today.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 11:15:41 PM »

I'm not actually saying that fraud was used in RI and MD. I'm just trying to point out the ridiculousness of Democrats in close races using polls as evidence for voting fraud.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 11:28:45 PM »

I'm not actually saying that fraud was used in RI and MD. I'm just trying to point out the ridiculousness of Democrats in close races using polls as evidence for voting fraud.

And everyone in this thread is pointing out that no one bases their arguments about voter fraud on polls.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 05:59:58 PM »

Every time the Democrats lose a close race they always scream voter fraud.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 06:03:35 PM »

Exactly my point.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »

Exactly my point.

You don't have a valid point, as Verily noted several times. Stop peddling your pathetic strawmen if you want to be taken seriously.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 07:33:26 PM »

i just find it funny that the party who gets the greatest percent of dead people's votes are complaining about electoral fraud.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 09:35:03 PM »

i just find it funny that the party who gets the greatest percent of dead people's votes are complaining about electoral fraud.

Woohoo, bringing up issues from the 1960s. It doesn't fly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 10:30:18 PM »

You are seriously very, very naive if you think that that doesn't happen today. Verily, meet major American cities...
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 10:51:17 PM »

You are seriously very, very naive if you think that that doesn't happen today. Verily, meet major American cities...

Right. There have been no recorded incidents of dead voters intentionally registered since the early 1970s, but don't worry, it still happens.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 10:53:34 PM »

Right. There have been no recorded incidents of dead voters intentionally registered since the early 1970s, but don't worry, it still happens.

Haha. Wow. You think because there have been no recorded incidents that it doesn't happen and then you get smart with me. Fantasy Land must be lovely this time of year...
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 04:20:26 AM »

Never mind how many dead voters they individually identified in the Gregoire-Rossi gubernatorial race.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »

Haha. Wow. You think because there have been no recorded incidents that it doesn't happen and then you get smart with me. Fantasy Land must be lovely this time of year...

When you have evidence, call me. Until then, your accusations of naivete are nothing more than hot air.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 12:00:21 PM »

When you have evidence, call me. Until then, your accusations of naivete are nothing more than hot air.

How many people live in your small town Fantasy Land, Verily? Are you familiar with Philadelphia? Are you familiar with other big cities? Are you really that foolish to believe that this problem just happened to disappear after the 70s?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »

How many people live in your small town Fantasy Land, Verily? Are you familiar with Philadelphia? Are you familiar with other big cities? Are you really that foolish to believe that this problem just happened to disappear after the 70s?

All you've done is make mysterious prognostications that it happens. I could believe your assertions, or I could believe the facts. FYI, I live right next to and work in New York City, so you have no right to comment about my small town.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »

Though I agree with you, KPhil. I would refrain from making ad hominem attacks, as they just diminish th value of your argument.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »

All you've done is make mysterious prognostications that it happens. I could believe your assertions, or I could believe the facts. FYI, I live right next to and work in New York City, so you have no right to comment about my small town.

Fact is that no "dead voting" has happened since the 1970s? That's pretty hard to prove.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 10:52:57 AM »

Fact is that no "dead voting" has happened since the 1970s? That's pretty hard to prove.

The burden of proof falls on you for asserting that it does occur.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 11:16:27 AM »

The burden of proof falls on you for asserting that it does occur.

Here you go - http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/silence/archives/2006/02/more_on_dead_vo_1.shtml

P.S. - This happened in early 2006, not in the 1970s.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »

Philadelphia is a Democratic city like most others- Chicago, NYC, Detroit, Boston, etc.  You lost PA in 2004.  You lost bigtime in 2006.  Please stop whining Phil, the GOP has most of the country.  Be happy that in order for the Democrats to have won in 2006, we had to select much more conservative nominees than what I or many others would prefer.  We had to play right into the Religious Right's hands by nominating Bob Casey.  In esscence you guys are still winning yet you'll never be happy.  The so-called "Neighborhood Civic PAC" which supposedly addresses this fake "voter fraud" is a GOP-fronted joke that seems to like to whine about living in a Democratic city.  It's blatantly obvious from looking at their website.  Look, Northeast Philly, South Philly, Manayunk/Roxborough, and parts of Center City almost unanimously voted for Sam Katz(R) and the votes were rightfully counted for him, weren't they Phil? I will say there need to be some new leaders in Philadelphia, BUT that will have no effect on how the results will be in national/state races.  Katz got those votes by being a liberal Republican.  A lot of us even in the more (relatively)conservative parts of Philly are still not as conservative as the national party.  Hell, if the entire poltical realm were the city of Philadelphia, I'd likely be a Republican too, but it's not. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 10:34:25 PM »

Philadelphia is a Democratic city like most others- Chicago, NYC, Detroit, Boston, etc.  You lost PA in 2004.  You lost bigtime in 2006.  Please stop whining Phil, the GOP has most of the country.

How is that even remotely related to what I said about dead voting in major cities? How is that whining?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is really amazing how you stretch every last thing so you can connect it to some rant about local politics. How does catering to the right wing with the selection of candidates mean that dead voting doesn't occur? Can you finally admit that you just like to rant about stupid things?

You then make some loose connection with a local group which is absolutely laughable. I'd love to respect your arguments, Flyers, but you make it so easy to dismiss all of your points. Take a hint - don't make everything about the evil right wing and then we can have a real conversation.

Do me a favor and stop bringing up a race where votes were properly counted in certain areas to mean that other irregularities didn't happen. You're a cheap hack. You need to make everything about some conservative conspiracy and it's really old. Stay on the topic of dead voters or do us both a favor and don't waste your time posting.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 12:55:22 AM »

Philadelphia is a Democratic city like most others- Chicago, NYC, Detroit, Boston, etc.  You lost PA in 2004.  You lost bigtime in 2006.  Please stop whining Phil, the GOP has most of the country.

How is that even remotely related to what I said about dead voting in major cities? How is that whining?

It is really amazing how you stretch every last thing so you can connect it to some rant about local politics. How does catering to the right wing with the selection of candidates mean that dead voting doesn't occur? Can you finally admit that you just like to rant about stupid things?

You then make some loose connection with a local group which is absolutely laughable. I'd love to respect your arguments, Flyers, but you make it so easy to dismiss all of your points. Take a hint - don't make everything about the evil right wing and then we can have a real conversation.

Do me a favor and stop bringing up a race where votes were properly counted in certain areas to mean that other irregularities didn't happen. You're a cheap hack. You need to make everything about some conservative conspiracy and it's really old. Stay on the topic of dead voters or do us both a favor and don't waste your time posting.

What conspiracy? 

I am addressing the topic of "dead voters."  You keep saying or strongly hinting to the fact that the Republicans would have won PA if it were not for this because of this "dead voter" phenomenon.  If anyone's getting into the conspiracy theories, its you, not me.  I rightfully bring up the Neighborhood Civic PAC because they are by and large the purveyors of these strongly GOP-slanted theories and you know it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 12:06:55 PM »

What conspiracy? 

I am addressing the topic of "dead voters."  You keep saying or strongly hinting to the fact that the Republicans would have won PA if it were not for this because of this "dead voter" phenomenon.

Eh...no...I wasn't. Again, you twist everything to get your little rant in about the local/state GOP. The best is when you turn it into a "we had to turn to the conservatives voters with our candidates and you still aren't happy!" If anything, you are the one who refuses to be pleased with your victories. Another bit of proof that your arguments are so very twisted.

No, Flyers, you just like to complain about Scott Cummings and loosely connect it to dead voting. Neighborhood Civic PAC has nothing to do with the dead voter issue and you know it. You dream up these issues with local Republicans and go into your foaming at the mouth, irrational tirades. Keep making a fool of yourself especially with the local stuff. People are loving your nonsense...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies