2006 Election Irregularities (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2006 Election Irregularities (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2006 Election Irregularities  (Read 3070 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: January 31, 2007, 09:07:09 PM »
« edited: January 31, 2007, 09:08:48 PM by Verily »

I have never heard a cogent argument based on polls. The arguments are about faulty voting equipment combined with shady dealings by election officials (such as Ohio 2004, though I don't think it was enough to make a difference there), or about obvious irregularities, such as in FL-13 and the 2000 election. There is no evidence of either in MD or RI.

No one argues that the polls were rigged in the 2002 Georgia Senate race (though Cleland had about a 5-point lead going in in the polls and lost) because there is no evidence of wrongdoing otherwise; Chambliss supporters were simply really energized.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 11:28:45 PM »

I'm not actually saying that fraud was used in RI and MD. I'm just trying to point out the ridiculousness of Democrats in close races using polls as evidence for voting fraud.

And everyone in this thread is pointing out that no one bases their arguments about voter fraud on polls.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 09:35:03 PM »

i just find it funny that the party who gets the greatest percent of dead people's votes are complaining about electoral fraud.

Woohoo, bringing up issues from the 1960s. It doesn't fly.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 10:51:17 PM »

i just find it funny that the party who gets the greatest percent of dead people's votes are complaining about electoral fraud.

You are seriously very, very naive if you think that that doesn't happen today. Verily, meet major American cities...

Right. There have been no recorded incidents of dead voters intentionally registered since the early 1970s, but don't worry, it still happens.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »

You are seriously very, very naive if you think that that doesn't happen today. Verily, meet major American cities...

Right. There have been no recorded incidents of dead voters intentionally registered since the early 1970s, but don't worry, it still happens.

Haha. Wow. You think because there have been no recorded incidents that it doesn't happen and then you get smart with me. Fantasy Land must be lovely this time of year...

When you have evidence, call me. Until then, your accusations of naivete are nothing more than hot air.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »

Haha. Wow. You think because there have been no recorded incidents that it doesn't happen and then you get smart with me. Fantasy Land must be lovely this time of year...

When you have evidence, call me. Until then, your accusations of naivete are nothing more than hot air.

How many people live in your small town Fantasy Land, Verily? Are you familiar with Philadelphia? Are you familiar with other big cities? Are you really that foolish to believe that this problem just happened to disappear after the 70s?

All you've done is make mysterious prognostications that it happens. I could believe your assertions, or I could believe the facts. FYI, I live right next to and work in New York City, so you have no right to comment about my small town.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 10:52:57 AM »

All you've done is make mysterious prognostications that it happens. I could believe your assertions, or I could believe the facts. FYI, I live right next to and work in New York City, so you have no right to comment about my small town.

Fact is that no "dead voting" has happened since the 1970s? That's pretty hard to prove.

The burden of proof falls on you for asserting that it does occur.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies