National Healthcare System?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:56:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  National Healthcare System?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: National Healthcare System?  (Read 18586 times)
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2004, 04:30:08 PM »

Huck, IMHO all people (except those who have committed murder) have the right to live. Cancer is a terrible disease and I know the costs involved are through the roof. To deny a person treatment for it is a violation of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of property(Me-I'm using the original phrase here)". It can cost over 3000 dollars a MONTH for cancer fighting pills. My insurance company no longer covers such drugs. I know now that if I get cancer I am as good as dead.
Is there any public healthcare in America in such cases? If answer is no...I have no words. It would be against Christianity and all decency. America is world's richest country after all.

Or how much there is charity helping people in this kind of cases?
Bumb!

Any answers?

What kind public healhcare you can get in USA if you were very poor and haven't insurance?

The cancer, heart disease, Aids? Who would help you?

If you are very poor you can get medicaid. Usually making under 25k a year. Some organizations do help but I believe these groups are mostly aimed at children.
'
Does medicaid pay all care like cancer drugs and surgery?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2004, 04:59:17 PM »

Huck, IMHO all people (except those who have committed murder) have the right to live. Cancer is a terrible disease and I know the costs involved are through the roof. To deny a person treatment for it is a violation of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of property(Me-I'm using the original phrase here)". It can cost over 3000 dollars a MONTH for cancer fighting pills. My insurance company no longer covers such drugs. I know now that if I get cancer I am as good as dead.
Is there any public healthcare in America in such cases? If answer is no...I have no words. It would be against Christianity and all decency. America is world's richest country after all.

Bumb!

Any answers?

What kind public healhcare you can get in USA if you were very poor and haven't insurance?

If you are very poor you can get medicaid. Usually making under 25k a year. Some organizations do help but I believe these groups are mostly aimed at children.
'

I honestly can not say. I know that a lot of insurance companies are no longer covering outpatient chemotherapy in a pill form.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2004, 04:30:45 PM »

Bumb!

Any answers?

'
Anybody?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2004, 11:26:01 PM »

Any health care system needs to stay with the states. Tenth Amendment an all, you know. And I don't think health care should be socialized anyways. Life sucks sometimes for some people - get over it. If you want to donate to charity for healthcare for the needy, I'm all for it, I'll even donate too, but forced charity is slavery if you ask me.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2004, 04:42:51 AM »

Life sucks sometimes for some people - get over it.

But not for you it seems
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2004, 08:51:50 AM »

I believe if more churchs and charities were involved in helping deathly sick people it would take a lot of pressure of the government.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2004, 08:59:19 AM »

Life sucks sometimes for some people - get over it.

But not for you it seems

So you assume, incorrectly I might add.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2004, 03:15:45 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2004, 03:17:14 PM by Huckleberry Finn »

I believe if more churchs and charities were involved in helping deathly sick people it would take a lot of pressure of the government.
The charity is the nice idea and does lot of good, but I think it should be the society's responsibility to protect people's life. When the charity have to take the responsibility it means that most unselfish people have to bear the burden and selfish bastards don't have to.

I see the healthcare like I see the defence and the law enforcement forces. Everyone assumes that the government protect his life against terrorists or criminals. How a serious illness makes difference?

One thing I have never understood about Republican Party is that it is at same time very pro-life and against the universal healthcare.  Being really pro-life means that you should be ready to accept a principle of the universal healthcare.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2004, 01:35:36 AM »

The charity is the nice idea and does lot of good, but I think it should be the society's responsibility to protect people's life. When the charity have to take the responsibility it means that most unselfish people have to bear the burden and selfish bastards don't have to.

I see the healthcare like I see the defence and the law enforcement forces. Everyone assumes that the government protect his life against terrorists or criminals. How a serious illness makes difference?

One thing I have never understood about Republican Party is that it is at same time very pro-life and against the universal healthcare.  Being really pro-life means that you should be ready to accept a principle of the universal healthcare.

My belief is that a person can solve and seek help to their own problems better then the government can. The government tends to screw things up far more then making things better. Their is so much private money flowing we could have hospitals and cancer centers set up w/out using federal monies.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2004, 06:37:58 AM »

My belief is that a person can solve and seek help to their own problems better then the government can. The government tends to screw things up far more then making things better. Their is so much private money flowing we could have hospitals and cancer centers set up w/out using federal monies.

And wouldn't the tax decreases from cutting government healthcare spending give everyone more money? This would make charity donators more generous I'd think.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies