Australian Prime Minister slams Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:52:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Australian Prime Minister slams Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Prime Minister slams Obama  (Read 3263 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: February 11, 2007, 06:21:04 PM »

For now ignoring the fact that Howard is not exactly someone whose opinion I value, if this thread illustrates anything it's that Obama has conservatives running so scared they're willing to use ANY excuse to start anti-Obama threads like this one. Seriously, we've had the Biden thing, we've had the race thing, the smoking thing, but nothing really substantial, just a bunch of slurs and personal attacks, his detractors lashing out wildly in the vain hope that anything will stick.

Coming up next! The Estonian Minister for Agriculture thinks Obama has a funny name.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 06:34:49 PM »

Republicans have scorned world opinion and insulted our allies for the entire Bush Presidency... and now that they've found a foreign leader crazy enough to support them, they're shouting it from the rooftops. Pathetic.

Very true. But then Republicans don't want allies, they want lapdogs.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »

I quite liked Obama's response to this:

"I think it's flattering that one of George Bush's allies on the other side of the world started attacking me the day after I announced.

"I would also note that we have close to 140,000 troops on the ground now, and my understanding is Mr Howard has deployed 1,400, so if he is (ready) to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest that he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them to Iraq."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies