Australian Prime Minister slams Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:04:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Australian Prime Minister slams Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Prime Minister slams Obama  (Read 3284 times)
Deano963

« on: February 11, 2007, 07:00:35 PM »

Personally, I just found it amazing when I first read this story earlier today that the Prime Minister of Australia would go so out of his way to say such things about Barack Obama in particular and Democrats in general. What an ass. He sounded like he is the twin of Dick Cheney reading his asinine comments. Just the fact that a foreign leader would involve himself in our internal debate over the Iraq War and go after Obama in particular, when most politicians and the vast majority of Americans probably agree with Obama's position.

Why did he just go after Obama when so many other politicians share his same goal and put forth similar legislation to Obama's? The whole story just struck me as odd......and disgusting of course, given how incredibly stupid Howard's words were.

I mean, can anyone here imagine the President of the United States criticizing some obscure foreign politician (say a member of Parliamnet in Britain) who is not the head of state - let alone criticizing that politician's entire party?!

Regardless of how one feels about Iraq or Obama, this was a very inappropriate action on Howard's part, IMO.
Deano963

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 07:53:41 PM »

I mean, can anyone here imagine the President of the United States criticizing some obscure foreign politician (say a member of Parliamnet in Britain) who is not the head of state - let alone criticizing that politician's entire party?!

The president did publicy warn against Australia voting for Labor at the last election - as they wanted to withdraw from Iraq.

Really? I never heard of that happening. It's not surprising though. Well, obviously I don't think Bush has any place telling a foreign country's people who to elect or even who he thinks they should elect any more than I think Howard does. Hopefully you guys throw Howard out this year.
Deano963

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:30:51 PM »

Has someone been reading Anne Coulter?

Reading? LOL. Duff, you give him too much credit. He probably saw her on the O'Liely Factor last night.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:58:36 PM »

PM Howard is such a supporter of the Iraq War that he has sent a whopping 1,400 Australian troops to help the US! What a hero! What a hypocrite!

I love how people don't give a damn about the lives put in danger, helping us in a war when it isn't a large amount. I'm glad to see that you don't care about their sacrifice, hack.

I must have missed the part where Scoonie belittled and mocked the Australian soldiers themselves and not PM Howard.
Deano963

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 10:43:03 PM »

From MyDD:

Labor opposition leader Kevin Rudd is ahead even before Howard's latest idiocy:

In the latest ACNielsen poll published Monday in Fairfax newspapers, 48 percent of respondents named Rudd as their preferred prime minister, compared with 43 percent for Howard. Five percent were undecided. The national telephone survey of 1,412 voters was conducted Feb. 8-10 before Howard's comments on Obama and had a margin of error of 2.6 percentage points.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2868323&page=1

No worries, Howard Wink.
Deano963

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »

PM Howard is such a supporter of the Iraq War that he has sent a whopping 1,400 Australian troops to help the US! What a hero! What a hypocrite!

I love how people don't give a damn about the lives put in danger, helping us in a war when it isn't a large amount. I'm glad to see that you don't care about their sacrifice, hack.

I must have missed the part where Scoonie belittled and mocked the Australian soldiers themselves and not PM Howard.

Then you need a lesson in reading between the lines.

No....you need a lesson in how to just plain read if you think Scoonie was attacking the Australian troops themselves.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies