Giuliani vs. Clinton in NY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:26:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Giuliani vs. Clinton in NY
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins? (Disregard VP)
Giuliani

Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Giuliani vs. Clinton in NY  (Read 1769 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2007, 12:10:48 AM »

Clinton.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 12:19:11 AM »

Clinton...barring a national landslide..which might put NY into play...

Rudy isn't going to win the Republicans NY, but he gives them some hope in NJ and CT...some...

and he might carry PA...

but New York? Highly unlikely.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:22:14 AM »

Rudy isn't going to win the Republicans NY, but he gives them some hope in NJ and CT...some...

and he might carry PA...

Clinton would have to spend $$ in NY - which she would need elswhere and that'd make it interesting.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 12:23:39 AM »

and he might carry PA...

No she wouldn't, she still wins by 11-13 points or so

Clinton would have to spend $$ in NY - which she would need elswhere and that'd make it interesting.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:24:02 AM »

If the general election is 50-50, Clinton will win it about 55-45.  Extrapolate from there.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 12:25:39 AM »

and he might carry PA...

No...she wouldn't.

It would be very optimistic that, barring some shakeup nationwide or in New York that Giuliani would force Clinton to spend money there.

I don't think Clinton will spend money there even if she only wins by 10-15 points instead of the larger margins that the Dems have carried NY with. But whats the point in racking up the score in a state?

Conceivably he could force the Democrats to spend more money there for certain house races, but New York for the foreseeable future is a Democratic State
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 12:35:27 AM »

Clinton by 15
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 12:42:53 AM »

Clinton by 10 pts. If Giuliani is the Republican Nominee...he will bring states into play that aren't supposed to be in play, like Connecticut, New Jersey, Minnesota, Michigan, and would probably take Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Florida easily goes Giuliani. It would cause Hillary to have to make stops in NJ, CT, MI...places where she probably wouldn't have had to in a say...Clinton vs. Romney race.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 09:38:11 AM »

Clinton by 10 pts. If Giuliani is the Republican Nominee...he will bring states into play that aren't supposed to be in play, like Connecticut, New Jersey, Minnesota, Michigan, and would probably take Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Florida easily goes Giuliani. It would cause Hillary to have to make stops in NJ, CT, MI...places where she probably wouldn't have had to in a say...Clinton vs. Romney race.

Or a Clinton vs. McCain race.  Wink  You pretty much summed up every reason why I think you ought to support Giuliani in the primary: because he can win and give the Democrats a run for their money in states most Republicans wouldn't normally carry; that's something no other Republican in the race right now can do.  Smiley
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 09:38:49 AM »

Clinton wins.  Giuliani may pull within a few points, but I seriously doubt he wins NY unless Hillary implodes.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »

Never discount the possible.  Smiley  Why can't we just have a female president like....Roslin?  (Only BG fans will understand.)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »

I'd probably say Clinton, although I accidently voted for Giuliani.

I think he can give her a run for her money in the state. By no means will New York be safe for Hillary, but in the end, she will pull off something like 54 or 55% of the vote in NY.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 12:06:56 PM »

and he might carry PA...

No, she wouldn't. Clinton solidly has the backing of upstate New York over Giuliani (upstaters hate the city and cityfolk), and New York City itself has less than fond memories of Giuliani. Unlike the rest of the country, NYC knew Giuliani before September 11th.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 12:13:26 PM »

and he might carry PA...

No, she wouldn't. Clinton solidly has the backing of upstate New York over Giuliani (upstaters hate the city and cityfolk), and New York City itself has less than fond memories of Giuliani. Unlike the rest of the country, NYC knew Giuliani before September 11th.

I agree...what do you think Giuliani's effect would be on Long Island and in West Chester etc...more suburban areas that didn't have Rudyrule or really have 1st hand knowledge before 9/11
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 12:25:39 PM »

I'm not sure I buy that New York City doesn't like

and he might carry PA...

I don't buy that New York City has "less than fond" memories of Giuliani.  Certainly, they were fond enough to buy him a second term.  And more than fond enough to singlehandedly give Bloomberg his 2001 win.

The last set of approval ratings for Rudy that I can find prior to 9-11 put him at a solid 50 - 40% (Quinnipiac, 25 July 2001).  I'd guess he's probably a little bit higher than that today in NYC.

A poll conducted (again by Quinnipiac) on 14 November 2006 has some more interesting things to say about Rudy, when asked what kind of President the following figures would make:

Sen. Hillary Clinton: 67 percent "great" or "good;" 17 percent "so so," 13 percent "bad;"
Mayor Rudolph Giuliani: 41 percent "great" or "good;" 24 percent "so so," 33 percent "bad."

The slam-dunk popular Bloomberg fares better, however:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bloomberg's most recent set of approval ratings puts him at 75 - 16%.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »

Let's see.  Gore beat Bush there in 2000 by 25 pts.  Kerry beat Bush there by 17.  I say Clinton beats Rudy by 10.  That would be in line with what I think will be a 53 - 47 national vote win for Rudi.

To say that NY would in any way be competitive is a Republican pipe dream.  About as much chance of that as Hillary being competitive in, say, Tennessee or NC.  Voting patterns don't change in any drastic way from presidential election to the next.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 01:46:03 PM »

If a John Anderson type Democrat ran in the race and Hillary ran a bad campaign, I still can't see Rudy actually winning NY statewide. It would be a tossup though. This state is as blue as they come (with the exception of RI and MA of course)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 02:14:14 PM »

I'd put NJ almost at 50-50 if it's Guiliani v. Clinton, he's very popular here for some reason
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies