2000 Presidential results by Cong. district
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:44:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Presidential results by Cong. district
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2000 Presidential results by Cong. district  (Read 7055 times)
shaqfu34

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2004, 04:37:01 PM »

Does anyone know where to find the breakdown of Bush vs. Gore votes for 2000 by congressional district.  This site seems to have it for some districts, but mostly it only has it broken down by county.

Thanks!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 04:40:58 PM »

There should be every congression district color-coded.  If you want results within the district, Ic an't help you there.
shaqfu34

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 04:49:38 PM »

Each district is color coded based on who won the district (bush or gore)....what i was looking for is the percentage for each district (i.e. in MD-01, Bush 52 Gore 46, etc...)

It appears that the only way to get this might be to figure out which counties are in each district and add those numbers for my total...which seems rather tedious
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 05:30:27 PM »

Each district is color coded based on who won the district (bush or gore)....what i was looking for is the percentage for each district (i.e. in MD-01, Bush 52 Gore 46, etc...)

It appears that the only way to get this might be to figure out which counties are in each district and add those numbers for my total...which seems rather tedious
I don't think the raw numbers are posted on this site.  I can't help you there.  Sorry Sad
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 08:17:12 PM »

go to:
http://www.ncec.org/redistricting/latest.phtml
It has a state by state listing of votes for 2000 called the 1992 districts and also what the votes are in the new districts (the 2002 districts)
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 08:49:02 PM »

speaking of redistricting

great site about Texas redistricting, with ct decisions, maps, etc

http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/research/redist/redist.htm
shaqfu34

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 10:17:41 AM »

Thanks....that is a great site!

Does anyone know of a way to take election results and determine the % of independents who voted for Bush in each congressional district?  I am assuming this would require a voter registration file, which i don't believe is available online anywhere...or am i wrong?

Thanks !
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 10:38:37 AM »

Thanks....that is a great site!

Does anyone know of a way to take election results and determine the % of independents who voted for Bush in each congressional district?  I am assuming this would require a voter registration file, which i don't believe is available online anywhere...or am i wrong?

Thanks !

You probably couldn't know for sure, since you don't have any records on who voters are, except for where they live. You couldn't know how many registered voters actually voted, or if they voted for their own party, for example. I have heard that in the south, there ae more than a few registered Democrats who don't vote Dem in general elections.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 02:46:43 PM »

In most Southern states Democrats still form a large majority of the states electorate, however a huge amount of these habitually split there tickets, with the more local the office, the more likely they are to vote Democrat.
jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 05:46:10 PM »

exactly! b/c the national party does not represent the views of what Southern Dem used to be, the GOP does.  

Read Zell's book and you will see.

In most Southern states Democrats still form a large majority of the states electorate, however a huge amount of these habitually split there tickets, with the more local the office, the more likely they are to vote Democrat.
NHPolitico

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 11:30:13 AM »

There are far more Bush districts held by Democrats than Gore districts held by Republicans.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2004, 12:26:38 PM »

Exactly.
Vote splitting has become automatic in much of the South, which is actually quite a good thing.
No one can take it for granted, and if they do they might get punished by the electorate.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »

What's the problem?  She got her missing dog back, didn't she?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies