World stocks plummet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:01:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  World stocks plummet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: World stocks plummet  (Read 2092 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 01:12:24 AM »

As someone who comes from "the lower half" (as opposed to you) I can assure you that times are no where near that bad.

How much money do you recieve?  And do you live with your parents?

I don't "recieve" any money.  I do not live with my parents.

So how is it you do not perish without any income?

I have attained a certain level of financial independence, but I won't say how, becuase I don't believe it to be any of your business.  Before that, I earned my money working and I have still worked through college doing various things.

Ok, so you do recieve money.

I earn it, yes.  I'm honestly not sure if you are trying to equate the two concepts or if you are using the words interchagably.
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 01:32:22 AM »

As someone who comes from "the lower half" (as opposed to you) I can assure you that times are no where near that bad.

How much money do you recieve?  And do you live with your parents?

I don't "recieve" any money.  I do not live with my parents.

So how is it you do not perish without any income?

I have attained a certain level of financial independence, but I won't say how, becuase I don't believe it to be any of your business.  Before that, I earned my money working and I have still worked through college doing various things.

Ok, so you do recieve money.

I earn it, yes.  I'm honestly not sure if you are trying to equate the two concepts or if you are using the words interchagably.

No, I consider the value judgement implied in the term 'earn' to be purely subjective and of little use in understanding the source of funds (aka privilege, aka power). 

Of course everyone convinces themselves they 'earned' money - and usually based on the principle of suffering/sacrifice.  As we know the poor work the 'hardest' in the sense of suffering the most; however this leads to little money recieved.  The whole work ethic is utter nonsense and a deception.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies