Which Presidential candidates will drop out before the Iowa Caucus?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:30:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Which Presidential candidates will drop out before the Iowa Caucus?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Edwards

Gravel

Kucinch

Dodd

Biden

Obama

Clinton

Brownback

Hunter

Cox

Smith

Romney

Giuliani

McCain

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which Presidential candidates will drop out before the Iowa Caucus?  (Read 1302 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2007, 02:10:45 AM »

Vote
skybridge
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 02:36:44 AM »

Where's the Huckabee option? He announced he probably would.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »

Cox, Hunter, and Dodd.

Kucinich and Gravel will stay in the longest. Kucinich is a nut, and Gravel has nothing better to do. As long as he keeps bringing in money, he'll keep running.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »

I will say Hunter and Biden. I would say Dodd, but it takes an unimaginably large ego to run for president when you're in his position. An ego that large wouldn't allow for a dropping out.

Kucinich and Cox (given this is John Cox we are talking about), will both stay in to the end as well.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 04:26:52 PM »

Dodd. I hope Biden does too though.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 04:40:52 AM »

Where's the Huckabee option? He announced he probably would.

No Richardson either??
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:18:25 AM »

Some of this I honestly don't know who they are. But I think Dodd, Biden and maybe Brownback are good candidates for dropping out. The nutty ones have no reason to drop out so I expect them to stay the course.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »

Biden will be out.  Cox, Smith and Brownback will be out.  Of those not on the list, Jim Gilmore and Ron Paul will be out. 

I disagree with those who say Dodd will be out.  I believe he's going to be in through at least Super Tuesday.  And I think he's going to emerge as a serious contender, though he will eventually fall short.

Tancredo, Kucinich and Gravel are in for the long haul...not to win, but to prove a point.  (Not sure what Gravel's point is.)

Hunter will probably drop out after New Hampshire, unless he surprises and finishes second in Iowa. 

Dunno about Thompson.  I think, for him, if he actually jumps in -- he will put all his eggs in the Iowa basket.  (Like Gephardt did.) 
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 01:28:20 AM »

Well, I think Hunter, Biden, and probably Ron Paul will probably be gone. Cox will make an early exit too... I don't expect Dodd to leave early, but if the field crowds with anymore additions, look for it to happen by Super Tuesday. Brownback will probably leave early too.

Kucinich and Gravel will be in it until the convention confirms they won't be nominated.

Right now, it looks like for the Republicans that Rudy Guiliani has the edge over McCain, but it's still early. Either one could push for the lead.

As far as the Democratic nomination goes, I think Edwards, under his sunny charisma must be kicking himself in the ass. Hillary Clinton is in the lead, but instead of having a patent on the charisma department, he has been kicked aside by the charismatic Obama, who has positioned himself as someone who can work bi-partisanly (A'la his speech at the 04 convention)... It looks like a Clinton-Obama slugfest down to the wire.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 02:31:58 AM »

Gravel, Dodd, Bidden, Cox, Smith
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »

As far as the Democratic nomination goes, I think Edwards, under his sunny charisma must be kicking himself in the ass. Hillary Clinton is in the lead, but instead of having a patent on the charisma department, he has been kicked aside by the charismatic Obama, who has positioned himself as someone who can work bi-partisanly (A'la his speech at the 04 convention)... It looks like a Clinton-Obama slugfest down to the wire.

Edwards always came off as kind of phony.  Cheney killed him in the debate, despite the grinning. One good thing Edwards seems to be doing this time around is not giving 1000 thumbs up per minute. It got to the point of being a little lame.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies