Bush in 30 seconds ads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:12:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush in 30 seconds ads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush in 30 seconds ads  (Read 24822 times)
sgpine
Rookie

« on: January 31, 2004, 11:47:46 AM »

Hold on a second.  Have you seen these ads?  None of them has any Hitler references.  They're right there on the website if you haven't viewed them.  Passing judgement on something without seeing it is kinda foolish, wouldn't you agree?

CBS certainly has the right to decide not to run "issue ads".  Heck, I respect their right to just refuse an ad on the basis of poor taste.  But from the way some of the folks on the right have painted these ads you'd think they show George Bush running around waving a machete.  Personally I don't think these are contraversial ... just very good political ads.

I don't find them controversial, just incredibly obvious appeals to the ignorant.  The reason is this - the ad I saw shows a bunch of children working at arduous, low paying jobs, and claims that these are the people who will be 'paying off George Bush's 1 trillion dollar deficit'.  This is obvious garbage as these lower working class people pay no income tax.  Of course the typical viewer is either ignorant of this fact, or is in active denial - hence the ads would probably have been effective.

So aside from income taxes, no one feels any effect of gigantic, brankrupting levels of defict spending? Pull the other one.

I'm sure if the U.S. defaults on its loan payments, resulting in a massive pullout domestically and internationally from the purchase of government bonds, forcing either: A) Massive tax increases B) Massive program cuts C) A Mostly non-functioning government D) All of the above, the lower-middle class will just be whistling dixie, safe from harm.

Right.

There's no such thing as a tax cut. If you get less money from the tax payer, you have to get more money from the bond purchaser, resulting in an even greater need for taxes in the future. Tax postponement is all you are really getting.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies