Rudy vs Hillary - If it happens
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:17:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rudy vs Hillary - If it happens
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rudy vs Hillary - If it happens  (Read 902 times)
8 out of 11 is not deserved
pollwatch99-b

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2007, 07:06:29 PM »

Still hard for me to believe that Rudy will get the Republican nomination but I'm optimistic that the more conservative wing of the party understands that he may be the only way to stop what could be a double headed Clinton scenario.   The attack machines will soon start to try and tear him down. 

Imagine if Hillary is elected and the Dems hold the senate, will they keep Harry Reid as majority leader?  If that scenario occurs, I think we've got a real possibility that Gov Spitzer a democrat appoints Bill Clinton as senator to replace Hillary. The dems make him the majority leader of the US Senate. I don't think, Bill would take it as the minority leader, but as majority leader, he do it to ram Hillary's agenda through the senate.  Ugh, Ugh, Ugh.
Remember, in 1992 Clinton saying vote for me and you get two, him and Hillary.  THIS TIME IT IS A VERY REAL POSSIBILITY.

Why is Rudy the best choice? Put aside for a moment whose right on IRAQ.  Unless it improves significantly,  Sen McCain who is strongly principled on this issue is in a very bad position.  FL and OH are at real risk.  Romney has a shot at holding these but he will not take any states from her.  Rudy is a very different case and living in suburbs of NYC and working in NJ, I know what I'm speaking about.  People in NY may have voted for Hillary but she is seen as aloof, distant, cold and has no rapport with the voters.  It's a no-brainer state carry against McCain. Romney or others, against Rudy NY, NJ, and even PA is a real contest.   Rudy won twice in one of the most democratic cities in the country and that was before 9/11.  He is very strong in several NYS counties; Staten Island & Queens.  He will be very strong in the suburbs.  Couple that with fact that NY'ers on the whole find Rudy as approachable, friendly, warm, and having a rapport with the voters.   Bottom line is Rudy will take NY because we like him and trust him.
Hillary cannot win without NY.

Is Rudy a conservative republican?  Based upon what he did in NYC, this is Rudy we know:

-  Tough as nails on law enforcement.  He cleaned up NYC including
       sleeze areas like Times Sq.  Liberal judges tried to stop him, he got it
       done despite them.  Homeland Security under Rudy?  Best candidate
       in 2008.
   -   Tax policy.  Yes, Rudy will drive tax cuts.
   -   Govt view.  He will prevent the growth of big government. 
   -   Budget?  He balanced the budget in NY which almost went bancruptcy
       in the 1970's.
   -   War on terror.  He led the 1st battle on 9/11/2001.  Pretty good in my
       book.
   -  Foreign policy. Suspect he will do more negotiations them Bush but this
      guy will not negotiate away the store.
   -  Judges will be conservatives or moderates, not liberals.

Social policies ( abortion, civil unions, gun control ) will disappoint some conservatives but look at the list above and consider Hillary's positions.       

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies