Red and Blue
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:22:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Red and Blue
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Red and Blue  (Read 6317 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2004, 05:05:54 PM »

The suburbs are awesome, I couldn't live anywhere else. Stuff to do without the crowding and crime...it's perfect.  
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2004, 05:08:19 PM »

The suburbs are awesome, I couldn't live anywhere else. Stuff to do without the crowding and crime...it's perfect.  

But goodness, all the driving.  Leaves me exhausted, not to mention you're risking your life to go get a bottle of Gatorade.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2004, 06:49:41 PM »

I think the Aussie inner city is a bit different to the US inner city Wink

I live in a great house across the street from a park, with another park after that, so that we have great views of the city, we're ten minutes from the CBD, 5 minutes from the beach, and have very little crime. There are lots ofr shops n our main road and we have three primary school and one high school in the area. The population is about 30000 and its dense. There are alot of apartment blocks, single fronted victorian terraces, double-fronted VTs; 50 brick veener houses, and in the former swamp there is a McMansion developement.

It's racially mixed, in my little courtyardy-thingie we have a chinese family, italian couple, english family, three 'skip' families and one 'skip' couple, a malayian family, a greek guy and a french couple.

There really isn't any reason to move out of here to the suburbs; it's close to everything, it's vibrant, interesting and multicuktural, it is close to schools, it is close to the beach, there are heaps of parks, and it has  great local shopping strip-much better then any mall. Why would I want to move out?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2004, 06:55:14 PM »

I think the Aussie inner city is a bit different to the US inner city Wink

I live in a great house across the street from a park, with another park after that, so that we have great views of the city, we're ten minutes from the CBD, 5 minutes from the beach, and have very little crime. There are lots ofr shops n our main road and we have three primary school and one high school in the area. The population is about 30000 and its dense. There are alot of apartment blocks, single fronted victorian terraces, double-fronted VTs; 50 brick veener houses, and in the former swamp there is a McMansion developement.

It's racially mixed, in my little courtyardy-thingie we have a chinese family, italian couple, english family, three 'skip' families and one 'skip' couple, a malayian family, a greek guy and a french couple.

There really isn't any reason to move out of here to the suburbs; it's close to everything, it's vibrant, interesting and multicuktural, it is close to schools, it is close to the beach, there are heaps of parks, and it has  great local shopping strip-much better then any mall. Why would I want to move out?

Sounds lovely.  Whats a 'skip'?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2004, 06:58:25 PM »

well, I think we all like our own places. But thats all true.

A "Skip" comes from "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo"

It means a third-or-more generation anglo-celtic Australian, like me Smiley

The other term for "Skip" is the large bin-thingie outside a building site for all the stuff like bricks and unusable wood, etc. :S
ijohn57s

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2004, 07:37:43 PM »

Personally, I live in a rural area and love it. From experiences visiting with friends and relatives that live in urban areas, I'm more than satisfied with being rural.
W in 2004
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2004, 07:59:36 PM »

Personally, I live in a rural area and love it. From experiences visiting with friends and relatives that live in urban areas, I'm more than satisfied with being rural.

Hey, someone that agrees with me!  Maybe we will agree on other things.  I’ve never been to Mississippi.  What is it like?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies