Opinion of Darfur?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:27:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of Darfur?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: which BEST describes how you feel?
we gotta go help them out, no matter the cost!

it'd be good to contribute some aid, but it's as far as we should go

save the time, effort, and money-let 'em deal it out themselves

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Opinion of Darfur?  (Read 1883 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 06, 2007, 03:21:57 PM »

I specifically made it three options so that people can click the one that is closest to their opinion.

Obviously I say option 3.  I'm seriously considering paying 17 dollars to create my own shirt that says "F--k Darfur" just to piss off the globalist humanitarian progressives at my school.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 03:37:56 PM »

Option 2.

Don't make the shirt. Angry hippies are annoying.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 03:43:51 PM »

Your involvement would not be welcomed by very many people there, thence I voted option 3.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 06:58:54 PM »

it'd be good to contribute some aid, but it's as far as we should go
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 10:22:13 PM »

Option #3.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 05:21:57 PM »

Only go with #3 if you don't want to bitch about immigrants and refugees.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 10:08:52 AM »

I specifically made it three options so that people can click the one that is closest to their opinion.

Obviously I say option 3.  I'm seriously considering paying 17 dollars to create my own shirt that says "F--k Darfur" just to piss off the globalist humanitarian progressives at my school.

Yeah, caring about other people is an annoying characteristic in the world of today.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 06:06:32 AM »

Yeah, caring about other people is an annoying characteristic in the world of today.
Just because they're human does not entitle them to jack sh**t. All the issues in darfur mean is that the euro powers should have stayed in and used eugenics to prevent overpopulation.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »

Just because they're human does not entitle them to jack sh**t. All the issues in darfur mean is that the euro powers should have stayed in and used eugenics to prevent overpopulation.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »

On the other hand, violence and gore are uber-cool.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 05:49:01 AM »

Option One

It's the only reason I say we need to stay in Iraq also (I know, I know liberal Democrats, the war is corrupt, Bush is a war criminal, etc.)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 11:54:26 AM »

You know, paying 17 dollars to help the people of Darfur would be a better way to spend it. But I guess that wouldn't be self-serving enough for a libertarian.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 10:50:17 PM »

You want to donate money to, or go over to Darfur and help them-feel free.  But as far as our country's government goes, we shouldn't do a damn thing.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 10:52:05 PM »

You know, paying 17 dollars to help the people of Darfur would be a better way to spend it. But I guess that wouldn't be self-serving enough for a libertarian.

If I draw enough statement that we shouldn't be going over there (and the F word is still somewhat offensive these days so people will pay attention)-then it's well worth the $17.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »

You want to donate money to, or go over to Darfur and help them-feel free.  But as far as our country's government goes, we shouldn't do a damn thing.

I can understand you not saving people's lives. I don't either. But actively working towards killing people? That's an odd position for me. It's like cheering on Nazis.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »

Option One!

Save Darfur! End Genocide!
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »

We only have so many resources and we should devote them to our empire.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies