World population will reach 9.2 billion in 2050
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:09:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  World population will reach 9.2 billion in 2050
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: World population will reach 9.2 billion in 2050  (Read 6137 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 06:50:36 PM »

I disagree with you, I believe that if a species or person is weak they will die off, but I believe that all creatures are placed on this earth by God

You... don't really understand what evolution means, do you?

Understatement of the day.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 01:59:35 AM »

Europe as a continent can't really handle many more people than it has now, anyway; Europe is the least fertile inhabitable continent save desert-filled Australia.

Your economies would be growing faster if you had a higher birth rate. And regarding your last sentence, um......the last 2 thousand years kind of disprove that. It may be less fertile than Africa, but you can't have lots of farms if elephants are going to trample through every few days and destroy your crops Wink

India will have the upper hand in terms of manufacturing for a while, but their ballooning population will soon become so great that the government can no longer effectively provide services.

They've managed to go from 370 Million in 1950 to 1.1 Billion today while managing to decrease poverty and increase the food supply, contrary to what doomsayers have predicted. Adding another 500 million may not help the environment, which is sad, but I'm sure India can manage it.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 07:53:14 AM »

I disagree with you, I believe that if a species or person is weak they will die off, but I believe that all creatures are placed on this earth by God

You... don't really understand what evolution means, do you?

Understatement of the day.
don't be so hard on DWDL. Evolution never helped HIM or his ancestors out dso he doesn'tvare. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies