2004 and beyond.....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 and beyond.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 2004 and beyond.....  (Read 25504 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2004, 07:46:17 PM »

I think and hope President Bush will get a second term. I think the tickets in November will be:

Bush/Cheney*
Kerry/Edwards

*Rumors are getting stronger that Bush may drop VP Cheney due to his health. While it is slim, if it does happen I would expect either:

Elizabeth Dole
Rudy Giuliani
Bill Frist
Trent Lott
or Condi Rice on the VP ticket.

Right now, I think John Kerry will get the Democratic nomination. John Edwards is the young man with "FUTURE" talent. If he loses the nomination, I think Kerry would make Edwards his running mate. Hillary would be my second choice for Democrat VP, but she would say no to Kerry and want to wait to be boss.

I think Bush will win in any prospect. He is a great leader who did not start a war for oil, or steal the election.
Democrats blame President Bush for everything. It almost makes me sick to my stomach. Since 2002, the Democrat party is falling apart. Dean is SO FAR LEFT, Liberman works as a more moderate Democrat, and Kucinich wants a "SECRETARY OF PEACE". Republicans tend to want to listen and learn more than Democrats.

I hope we win in 2004, and in 2008 Hillary Clinton and ..... Tom Dashle lose to Rudy and Rice!!!
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 07:55:29 PM »

Reaganfan, since you are on the ground there, what does the general election look like in Ohio ? (Bush vs. Kerry).  Seems from what I've read that is the state Dems most covet taking from Bush.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 08:09:49 PM »

Trent Lott?  I don't think that would be smart
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 08:30:51 PM »

I really don't see Kerry winning Ohio since it typically goes Republican.
NHPolitico

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 08:37:12 PM »

I really don't see Kerry winning Ohio since it typically goes Republican.

What you do is pick Gephardt as VP and send him to WV and Ohio. Let him take responsibility for those two states.  That's it. Make him live there. He'll talk non-stop about manufacturing job losses. He can visit every union-shop in those states.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 08:58:51 PM »

Kerry-Gephardt
Kerry-Edwards
Kerry-Lurch (ADDAMS FAMILY)
 I don't think it really matters to Bush.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 09:05:50 PM »

Isn't Kerry himself lurch? I don't think you can be running for POTUS and VPOTUS at the same time...

so much for republicans being more learned :rolleyes:
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 09:52:56 PM »

Great screen name 'Reaganfan.'  There were so many of you people whon elected that old-as-hell actor.  but don't get me started on Reagan Smiley

I hold Bush's chances at 65% in 2004.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2004, 10:06:14 PM »

Kerry is Lurch. I mean't to put Kerry=Lurch. My mistake. For Democrats bashing Reagan, all you do is whine. I'm a tough Republican that WILL stand up to arguments. If FDR had four terms, I'm sure had the 22nd amendment not been passed, that Reagan would have been the kind of man (BACK IN 1935) to be elected four terms. He deserves to be on the dime or even better, replace Franklin on the hundred dollar bill. Franklin is not a president although he did help with the Declaration of Independence. President Cleveland was on the 1,000 dollar bill for a few years. What did he do that made him on currency. Reagan avoided a nuclear war, and made the best economy up until Bush in 2003-2004. BTW, we have never had a real liberal man/women president. I know some that say "I'll vote anybody but Bush" or "I hate Bush". WHAT DID THE MAN DO!!!! Have there been anymore terror attacks since Septemebr 11th..... Sorry, but I like this board and I hope you don;'t mind if I stay awhile to tell the truth.
PD
pd

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2004, 10:07:15 PM »

Great screen name 'Reaganfan.'  There were so many of you people whon elected that old-as-hell actor.  but don't get me started on Reagan Smiley

I hold Bush's chances at 65% in 2004.
Reagan was the best president this nation has ever seen.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2004, 10:09:13 PM »

I agree PD, wow a California Republican. Arnold would be proud!!!
PD
pd

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2004, 10:18:52 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2004, 10:20:17 PM by PD »

I agree PD, wow a California Republican. Arnold would be proud!!!
Heh. Are you sure you want to be friends with me. I'm hated by every member of the forum except a few. It's because I'm an extremely far right-wing conservative republican. Even members of our own party attack me and despise me. You might not be liked too well if you associate yourself with me. Just a warning. But I would be glad to be your friend. I'm just warning you. And you would be surprised at how many republicans CA has. There are a lot of conservatives here. I do like Arnold, but he's not as conservative as I would like. He's a moderate, I'm an extremist. But hey, my parents supported him and voted for him. (I'm 15, so I can't vote yet and still live at home.) I even met him. They voted for him because McClintock didn't stand a chance. Arnold could win. So they had to vote for the person that could oust Davis. I personally like Bill Simon.
M

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2004, 10:22:47 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Trent Lott would be a decidedly bad choice as VP. Cheney is a good man, but I think we need to have Bush's political heir apparent on the ticket, hopefully Rudy. And I agree, Rudi-Condi would be an unstoppable ticket.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2004, 10:25:10 PM »

(coughFDRcough)
MarkDel

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2004, 10:25:31 PM »

Reagan was certainly the best President in my lifetime, but I think it's a stretch to say he was the greatest President ever. Some guys named Lincoln and Washington might have something to say about that!!!

As for Reaganfan's overall point...I agree, this will turn into a Kerry/Edwards ticket against Bush/Cheney. And I agree that Bush will win by a reasonably comfortable margin. The main reason is that I cannot imagine any states that Bush won in 2000 switching over to the Dems in 2004...and I can imagine a few Democratic states moving over to the Republican column in 2004.

The states that Bush won in 2000 that Democrats believe they can realistically win are the following:

1. Ohio
2. West Virginia
3. Nevada
4. New Hampshire
5. Arizona
6. Florida

All six would be within reach, but only under the wildest of circumstances. The Bush administration would have to make some major screwup between now and Election Day, and that is extremely unlikely. Weapons of Mass Destruction??? Other than hardcore Dems, people could care less. The economy??? The job situation is still so/so, but it's on the upswing and the stock market has made a miraculous recovery. Major terrorist event??? People would rally around the President rather than blame him...plus, when it comes to matters of national security, the average citizen trust the Republicans about 10 times more than the Dems. So the worse things got in terms of terrorism, the more they would turn to Bush.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2004, 10:27:22 PM »

1. Ohio
2. West Virginia
3. Nevada
4. New Hampshire
5. Arizona
6. Florida

All six would be within reach, but only under the wildest of circumstances.
Ohio and WV will go Dem, I'm pretty sure.  But the Republicans will pick up NM, Wisconsin, and Iowa, so the Dems only pick up one EV there.
PD
pd

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2004, 10:27:27 PM »

Reagan was certainly the best President in my lifetime, but I think it's a stretch to say he was the greatest President ever. Some guys named Lincoln and Washington might have something to say about that!!!

As for Reaganfan's overall point...I agree, this will turn into a Kerry/Edwards ticket against Bush/Cheney. And I agree that Bush will win by a reasonably comfortable margin. The main reason is that I cannot imagine any states that Bush won in 2000 switching over to the Dems in 2004...and I can imagine a few Democratic states moving over to the Republican column in 2004.

The states that Bush won in 2000 that Democrats believe they can realistically win are the following:

1. Ohio
2. West Virginia
3. Nevada
4. New Hampshire
5. Arizona
6. Florida

All six would be within reach, but only under the wildest of circumstances. The Bush administration would have to make some major screwup between now and Election Day, and that is extremely unlikely. Weapons of Mass Destruction??? Other than hardcore Dems, people could care less. The economy??? The job situation is still so/so, but it's on the upswing and the stock market has made a miraculous recovery. Major terrorist event??? People would rally around the President rather than blame him...plus, when it comes to matters of national security, the average citizen trust the Republicans about 10 times more than the Dems. So the worse things got in terms of terrorism, the more they would turn to Bush.
The only ones that they could actually win out of those are West Virginia and New Hampshire.
PD
pd

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2004, 10:35:48 PM »

(coughFDRcough)
No offense, but FDR was an idiot. I admit he did a few good things, but he was repeatedly informed of Soviet infiltration of our government and said that it could not happen. He would not believe it. He was even shown papers and proof. Well, it turned out that there were thousands of Soviet spys holding high government offices in our government. That was proved after his death. A bunch of them were his personal assistants and advisors. At one point, one of his vice presidents (not Truman, I forget his name) was a Soviet spy. Not too many people know this information because the majority of it was kept secret for a long time. He was shaking hands with Stalin and in his mind he was saying "I'm so glad that Russia and America can get along." At the exact moment, Stalin was standing there and in his head saying "Sucker." FDR would just not believe it.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2004, 10:38:13 PM »

No offense, but FDR was an idiot. I admit he did a few good things, but he was repeatedly informed of Soviet infiltration of our government and said that it could not happen. He would not believe it. He was even shown papers and proof. Well, it turned out that there were thousands of Soviet spys holding high government offices in our government. That was proved after his death. A bunch of them were his personal assistants and advisors. At one point, one of his vice presidents (not Truman, I forget his name) was a Soviet spy. Not too many people know this information because the majority of it was kept secret for a long time. He was shaking hands with Stalin and in his mind he was saying "I'm so glad that Russia and America can get along." At the exact moment, Stalin was standing there and in his head saying "Sucker." FDR would just not believe it.
He did only a few good things?  Please.  He brought the country out of the GREAT depresson, he brought down Hitler and eventually Stalin, and won four election decisively.  Reagan is nowhere near FDR.
PD
pd

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2004, 10:47:49 PM »

He did only a few good things?  Please.  He brought the country out of the GREAT depresson, he brought down Hitler and eventually Stalin, and won four election decisively.  Reagan is nowhere near FDR.
Yeah, he brought us out of the Depression, but it took him long enough. He did not bring down Hitler, Stalin did, he captured Berlin (something that never should've happened, we should have taken Berlin), Stalin was never brought down, he died. Reagan won the two largest landslides in history. Reagan brought down the Soviet Union. Reagan would have won four terms and then some if it weren't for term limits. Term limits did not exist when FDR was in office. A survey proved that the people still favored Reagan on a landslide scale in 1988 and if he could run they would elect him again.
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2004, 10:50:40 PM »

PD, if you're really only 15, start reading vetted history books first, before revisionist.
PD
pd

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2004, 11:02:23 PM »

I suggest all you dems read Ann Coulter's books "Slander" and "Treason". I also Recommend Sean Hannity's book "Let Freedom Ring". I could recommend a hundred more, but I won't waste my time and post space because I know none of you liberals will ever even make an effort at it.
M

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2004, 11:22:20 PM »

You know, Hannity is fantastic on TV and radio, but the book was boring. Coulter was very entertaining, but she says some ridiculous things.

Reagan did not win the two greatest landslides in history. Washington was unanimous- twice- and one other early one, I think it was Monroe, would have been unanimous but one elector switched his vote so only Washington would be unanimous. '84 was the best in modern history, but '80 was smaller than '72, '36, and perhaps '64. (Correction- '80 was 3 electoral votes bigger ;andslide than '64.) Also, electoral success does not necessarily mean greatness. Look at Nixon.

All that being saig, I think Reagan was a great president, bu not as good as, at the least, Washington and Lincoln. I do think he was our best post-World War president.
PD
pd

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2004, 11:24:45 PM »

You know, Hannity is fantastic on TV and radio, but the book was boring. Coulter was very entertaining, but she says some ridiculous things.

Reagan did not win the two greatest landslides in history. Washington was unanimous- twice- and one other early one, I think it was Monroe, would have been unanimous but one elector switched his vote so only Washington would be unanimous. '84 was the best in modern history, but '80 was smaller than '72, '36, and perhaps '64. (Correction- '80 was 3 electoral votes bigger ;andslide than '64.) Also, electoral success does not necessarily mean greatness. Look at Nixon.

All that being saig, I think Reagan was a great president, bu not as good as, at the least, Washington and Lincoln. I do think he was our best post-World War president.
Here is another example of my own party members turning on me. Well, I think Reagan was the greatest of all.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2004, 11:35:14 PM »

You know, Hannity is fantastic on TV and radio,

I tried listening to his radio show and 90% consists of Hannity extolling his humility.  The show moves at a speed that is 10x too slow for me.  He also ducks serious questions by those on the other side.  His show time also consists on 50% commericials.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies