Canadian Federal Election: PLAY!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:42:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Canadian Federal Election: PLAY!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Canadian Federal Election: PLAY!  (Read 17309 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2007, 10:58:51 AM »

(OOC: A response from the Arage Campaign regarding the questions asked should be avaliable by sunday evening, eastern time, at the latest. Just a busy weekend. UGH)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2007, 11:16:22 AM »

Angus-Reid/IPSOS Poll December 3, 2005

Liberal 28 (-2)
Conservative 31 (+1)
NDP 24 (+3)
Green 8 (-1)
Bloc Quebecois 7 (-1)
AAP 0.8 (-0.1)
Rhinoceros 0.6 (+0.1)
First People's National 0.2 (-0.1)
Christian Heritage 0.2 (=)
AAEVP 0.2 (+0.1)

Leger Marketing Quebec Polls

Bloc Quebecois 30 (-5)
Liberal 24 (-2)
Conservative 21 (+3)
NDP 18 (+5)
Green 5 (-1)
Rhinoceros 1 (+0.4)
Animal Alliance 0.4 (+0.1)
Christian Heritage 0.6 (+0.5)

-Conservatives take lead!
-Liberals and Conservatives are UNDER THREAT by the soaring NDP!
-BQ hits all-time low
-Greens fall back 1 point

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2007, 11:50:52 AM »

(OOC: How exactly are you working out the poll numbers?)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »

Speech by Prime Minister Sibboleth in Montreal:

Bearing in mind the sad tendency of many in the NDP these days to support the enemies of the state of Israel, I was suprised that M. Ducasse had the nerve to attempt to  target the votes of the Jewish community in such a shameless and cynical way.
Suprise turned to outrage when I was told of the language that he used during his little speech; that someone from rural Quebec, an area with a disgraceful history of supporting anti-semites, fascists and francophone supremist bigots of all kinds, should be so crass as to talk of "Jewish Stereotypes" shows an appalling, almost thoughtless, lack of sensitivity... and while he is clearly not an anti-semite this is something I would have expected from a Bloqhead, not the leader of the NDP.

And while I have no problem with M. Ducasse chasing votes, he is a politician after all. We do these things, I have a huge problem with politicians of all parties targetting religious or ethnic groups as if they were monolithic... especially when this treatment is based on out-of-date and offensive stereotypes... not every Jew is a small businessman obsessed with money, M. Ducasse, and it is wrong, fundamentally and utterly wrong, of you to say that as you seek their votes.

And to Mr Arage I say this; which party is Brian Mulroney a supporter of? Which party is Mike Harris a supporter of? Your party, sir.
Your party does not have a monopoly on honesty or good governance, sir.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2007, 12:40:17 PM »

Mr. Ducasse was in Halifax, Nova Scotia to address concerns raised by the Liberal Party,

"The Liberals are scared! They have taken a harmless speech out of context, because they fear we are infrining on their territory! Well, I have this to say to you Mr. Sibboleth. You don't own the votes of Jewish people, and you don't own the votes of any Canadians. There's a reason why the NDP is gaining in the polls, because Canadians can't trust the Liberals and are looking to the NDP to deliver them results.

It's a pleasure to be here in Atlantic Canada, in the riding of our former leader, Alexa McDonough. The Liberals have for too long reigned supreme here in the Atlantic, but what have they done for Altantic Canada? People are leaving this region because there are no jobs, no opportunities. What have the Liberals done in the last 13 years for Atlantic Canada? Nothing substantive, for sure! An NDP government will invest in the Atlantic, by introducing new economic ventures that will attract younger people and ensure they don't contine their mass exodus."
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »

New branding:

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2007, 01:50:01 PM »

Part of a radio interview:

Funny that M. Ducasse's response to my speech is to continue with the sort of attitudes of his that I attacked... anyway... a message to him; I do not think that I or the Liberal Party "own" the votes of anyone and I've never claimed so during this campaign.
Please don't claim things that aren't actually true. Thanks.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2007, 02:08:13 PM »

Speech in Regina:

I come here today to talk about a subject that is, I think, of interest to most people here.
That subject is the future of healthcare.

If a progressive Liberal government is elected this year then it will introduce major reforms, radical reforms. Reforms that will change the face of healthcare in Canada.

Now... I know what you're all thinking. Whenever a politician mentions "healthcare" and "reform" in the same sentence it's usually a euphamism for "further privatisation and cuts".

But not in this case; actually the best thing to do if we want to improve our healthcare system, and let's be honest here, it has problems. Sure, it's better than what they have south of the border, but what sort of a standard is that to measures ourselves against?, is to actually reduce the level of private sector involvement in healthcare and to change what we have from a public-private system to a fully public setup. There's a very, very simple reason for this; cost. A lot of money would be saved if private sector involvement in healthcare were to be reduced; and that's money that could be invested in our hospitals to improve service and to cut down on waiting lists. Just about everyone would benefit and it wouldn't cost us, cost you, anymore money than at present.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »

AAP Press Release
New Policy Announcment

The AAP is committed to dealing with the issues that matter. In that spirit, we are now proud to commit ourselves during the lifetime of the next government to aggresively pursue an increase in the use of semi-colons [Wink and elipses [...]. These forms of punctuation are being cruelly overlooked and are increasingly maligned. The AAP hereby commits to a 4.2% (yes - 4.2%) increase in the use of semi-colons and a 7.9% (Shocked) increase in the use of elipses.

We challenge the other parties to commit to these benchmarks for the good of our common punctuation.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2007, 08:03:38 AM »

--- Donald Marshall, jr selected as FPNP candidate for Sydney-Victoria --- will be party's only candidate in Nova Scotia --- Sydney-Victoria is approximately 6% Micmac ---
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »

...during a campaign stop in Vancouver, Prime Minister Sibboleth vowed to either "destroy or fundamentally reform the regressive GST". He also mentioned that if elected he would be "the first Liberal Prime Minister in History to give a fair deal to the West" and hinted that this might come at the expense of Quebec.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2007, 08:30:26 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2007, 08:35:54 PM by bullmoose88 »

Arage speaks with reporters

"What do you think of the Prime Minister's remarks about the GST and Western Canada?"

Personally I'm encouraged, but...you knew a but was coming...its still the same corrupt liberal party that for the last 13 years has given Western Canada anything but a fair share. But I think the voters of Western Canada realize that while this Prime Minister might be sincere...the same old liberal candidates are standing for election across the country, the same liberals who have ignored western canada. At the very least, those sharing the Prime Minister's slightly more favourable view are likely to be a minority in the returning liberal party.

As for the GST, I'm encouraged, but we've been the only people consistently advocating a reduction in the GST. I like the fact that the Prime Minister agrees that the GST must be reduced...i doubt though his rank and file will be on board; however, I don't think it is prudent at this time to advocate a total abolition. Barring any spending cuts to accompany his move, the prime minister will make a good chunk of hardworking canadians foot his bill.

I just want to say one more thing to those who have asked some very good questions about our policies. We're listening to you very carefully and hope to give you our response in the next day or two. Thanks.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2007, 09:10:24 PM »

Bit from a radio interview:

"...you know if Mr Arage had actually bothered to read the policy document we published along with my GST speech, he would note that we don't actually propose destroying GST in one go... the realities of government finance makes that unrealistic. Instead we will reduce and reform it away to nothing. But it is nice to note that the party of Mulroney accepts that GST was a mistake."
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2007, 10:01:59 PM »

AAEVP Press Release
Randia Jones officially kicked off her Canadian tour today in Marystown, Newfoundland [and Labrador], the hometown of the AAEVP's only candidate in Newfoundland and Labrador, Martin Conway.  There she gave a speech about her plans for sensible fishing in the Atlantic provinces.  "Though I realize fishing plays an important role in the Atlantic provinces," she said, "I can't help but wonder whether any real fisherman would like it if EVERY FISH IN THE AREA DIED OF OVERFISHING!!!!!!!"  Her words were apparently quite effective.  Harold Murdoch, a sweet old coot from Marystown, seemed to be swayed to her side.  "Oh, aye, I works at de local shipbuilding yard, yes," he said, nodding, "but I tink that Randia has a point when she says dat our livelihoods will crumble before us at the rate things are going in the fishing industry.  I likes her proposal to phase it out in favor of better high tech businesses, too.  Plus, she says it all in dat delightful Soudern American accent!"  He then proceeded to nod again and putter off, muttering about "Soudern dames" and the like.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2007, 06:15:44 AM »

Sorry, but I can't play the game. Please pick someone else to lead the Bloc.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2007, 07:56:46 AM »

For now, I'll drop the BQ to zero.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2007, 08:09:18 AM »

With the Bloc out:

Angus-Reid/IPSOS Poll December 3, 2005

Liberal 31 (+3)
Conservative 33 (+2)
NDP 24 (=)
Green 9 (+1)
AAP 1 (+0.2)
Rhinoceros 1 (+0.4)
First People's National 0.4 (+0.2)
Christian Heritage 0.4 (+0.2)
AAEVP 0.2 (=)

Leger Marketing Quebec Polls

Conservative 34 (+13)
NDP 30 (+12)
Liberal 26 (+2)
Green 9 (+4)
Rhinoceros 3 (+2)
Animal Alliance 0.6 (+0.2)
Christian Heritage 0.4 (-0.2)

Quebec doesn't seem to enjoy the Liberal idea of giving more to the west... But all party support in Quebec is not solid, the strong nationalist camp needs a secessionist party to put hopes in.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2007, 09:21:39 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2007, 09:25:57 AM by Jas »

AAP Press Release
Demise of the Bloc Québécois

The AAP is disgruntled at the demise of our sister party, the Bloc Québécois. It was because of the Bloc's participation in Quebec elections, that the AAP decided originally that Quebec was "absurd enough". In light of the Bloc's collapse, the AAP wishes to announce that it will now seek to compete in a number of Quebec ridings. The AAP are proud to announce that we are offering all the Bloc's selected candidates in Quebec the opportunity to now run as official AAP candidates. Further announcements on this will follow shortly.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »

Wow, the NDP must have lost huge in the ROC if we gained from the Bloc so much.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2007, 11:47:24 AM »

Would it be possible to get province by province break downs?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »

NDP leader Pierre Ducasse was in Sydney, Nova Scotia today:

12 years of wasted Liberal years have left the people of Cape Breton with a lack of future. Ladies and gentlemen, an NDP government will give you that future.

We will create new economic opportunities. We will encourage business to come to Cape Breton and set up shop. With business comes jobs, and jobs means economic growth and prosperity. Cape Bretoners deserve this.

The Prime Minister has made many promises about labour unions and has continued to raise his support for them. I ask you, where have the Liberals been ever in regards to labour? It is the NDP who has supported the struggles of hard working Canadians like those in Cape Breton. The working people here represent the backbone of Canada, and we need to strengthen that back bone. Only the NDP can do this.

Thank you, merci.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »

It's hard to do province-by-province but here are current polls for each:

The first party mentioned in case of battle is the current poll leader

Newfoundland/Labrador- Liberal/Conservative battle
New Brunswick- Liberal edge
PEI- Liberal solid
Nova Scotia- NDP/Liberal/Conservative battle
Quebec- Conservative/NDP/Liberal battle
Ontario- Liberal edge
Manitoba- Conservative solid
Saskatchewan- Conservative edge
Alberta- Conservative solid
BC- Conservative/NDP battle. Liberals getting closer
Nunavut- Liberal edge
NWT- NDP edge
Yukon- Liberal solid
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »

Excerpt from a speech by Lucas Longley

Plateau Mont-Royal, Montréal, Québec-

(translated from the original French)

I'd like to say a few words in light of the Bloc Québécois dropping out.  I know that separatism runs high in Québec and I know that you're probably going to get visits from the other guys telling you all about how they'll do this and that for you.  But we all know that's just talk.  You want the real thing.  And what's better than real separation?

It's simple, really.  We take all of the cities and stuff and move them all to the center of Québec to form a huge megacity.  Then we cut around its edges and airlift it away and drop it in the Atlantic Ocean.  Then you can name it Île de Foquer le Canada and finally be happy.  Unless it sinks.  Or happens to float back towards Newfoundland, which quite frankly is probably worse.

We'll work on that.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2007, 01:06:21 PM »

AAP Press Release
Quebec Candidates

The AAP is proud to announce that almost to a man, the Bloc's candidates have decided to run under our banner - given that both our parties are ideologically absurd. There are however two exceptions.

In the riding of Beauce, Patrice Moore declined our invitation. To fill in the gap, we've plumped for Sir Patrick Alfred Caldwell-Moore, CBE, HonFRS, FRAS a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore.

The respected astronomer and world's longest running TV presenter may not be a familiar face to ordinary Canadians now, but by the campaign end, we're sure he'll be a household name.

In 1976, as an April Fool's joke on BBC Radio 2, Moore announced that at 9.47 am a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event was going to occur: Pluto would pass behind Jupiter, temporarily causing a gravitational alignment that would reduce the Earth's own gravity. Moore informed listeners that if they could jump at the exact moment that this event occurred, they would experience a temporary floating sensation. The BBC later received hundreds of phone calls from listeners claiming to have felt the sensation.

This is the kind of man we're sure the Canadian people want. Monocle-wearing, xylophonist, practical jokers are thin on the ground in the Canadian House of Commons, but the AAP is about to change that!

Secondly, in the riding of LaSalle—Émard, Mary Chiu decided also to opt-out. So to run against Paul martin (whoever he is...), we've decided to run Chris Martin.

As the lead singer of Coldplay, Chris should have an amount of name recognition to help out in the campaign. Chris's qualifications to run for the AAP are his love of pop band "a-ha"; that was voted as one of PETA's two 2005 "World's Sexiest Vegetarians; and that he had the gumption to name his first child 'Apple'.

We have no doubt he'll make a fine MP also.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2007, 09:23:36 PM »

If you want I'll take the Bloc and drop the CHP, somehow I think the Bloc would be more important in a Canadian election...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies