Canadian Federal Election: PLAY! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:56:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Canadian Federal Election: PLAY! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Federal Election: PLAY!  (Read 17444 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: March 20, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »

Campaign Note

Conservative Leader Arage will kick off his campaign from his home riding of Newmarket-Aurora tomorrow.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:33:21 PM »

Conservative Party Leader Arage in Newmarket Aurora

"First, I'd like to welcome everyone who came out today to watch the kick off of our campaign. Over the course of the next few days and weeks you'll hear more indepth about our party's plan for Canada, its specific proposals to better our great country.

Right now I wish to talk about vision. Our vision for Canada and its government.

I'll be the first to admit, despite the great deal of success that occurred under previous conservative governments, that mistakes were made. We've spent more than a decade in the political wilderness due to these mistakes and internal division.

We have learned from these mistakes. In government, we will strive to be honest, open, and fair. This is precisely what our liberal friends have failed to do. Even though that party is under new leadership, it merely is a new driver of a broken down bus. Need I remind you friends, that the last liberal driver had to steal some conservative parts to stay afloat earlier this last parliament. My own opponent, Ms. Stronach ran as a conservative, and when the going got tough and when a shiny new portfolio opened up on the liberal bench, she left us to hitch a ride. I think its time to tell her to pay up for the trip.

The Conservative Party is a broad tent welcoming of various viewpoints. I should know, they elected me to be leader. While we do have a general predisposition on the issues, we will not hesitate to give meritorious ideas a close look and to support them when they are the best solution.

I wish to thank you for coming out today and I hope to see you again.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 10:54:21 AM »

Arage on the Liberal Party's Shift Leftward

"Today I speak to the Liberal Party voters who, over the last decade, picked the liberals over a conservative based party. I understand why you chose to do so. Perhaps you thought the liberals were good at  honest governance. They are not anymore. They epitomize everything that is wrong about our political system.

Perhaps you chose them because they best reflected the center of Canadian politics. Each and every day, we see proof that this is no longer the case. The Prime Minister seems to intent on out-NDPing the NDP. I ask that you take another look at the Conservative Party and its big tent. I believe you will find a home here.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:58:51 AM »

(OOC: A response from the Arage Campaign regarding the questions asked should be avaliable by sunday evening, eastern time, at the latest. Just a busy weekend. UGH)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 08:30:26 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2007, 08:35:54 PM by bullmoose88 »

Arage speaks with reporters

"What do you think of the Prime Minister's remarks about the GST and Western Canada?"

Personally I'm encouraged, but...you knew a but was coming...its still the same corrupt liberal party that for the last 13 years has given Western Canada anything but a fair share. But I think the voters of Western Canada realize that while this Prime Minister might be sincere...the same old liberal candidates are standing for election across the country, the same liberals who have ignored western canada. At the very least, those sharing the Prime Minister's slightly more favourable view are likely to be a minority in the returning liberal party.

As for the GST, I'm encouraged, but we've been the only people consistently advocating a reduction in the GST. I like the fact that the Prime Minister agrees that the GST must be reduced...i doubt though his rank and file will be on board; however, I don't think it is prudent at this time to advocate a total abolition. Barring any spending cuts to accompany his move, the prime minister will make a good chunk of hardworking canadians foot his bill.

I just want to say one more thing to those who have asked some very good questions about our policies. We're listening to you very carefully and hope to give you our response in the next day or two. Thanks.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 11:47:24 AM »

Would it be possible to get province by province break downs?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »

Arage spent the day in Metropolitan Vancouver. During his various stops he talked about the conservative plan to lower the GST. "While this Prime Minister talks about lowering the GST, even abolishing it at some time in the future, can we honestly believe his rank and file will file suit, the same rank and file that the PM hopes to change his party's tune on the GST?

Our GST reduction plan will encourage consumer spending without forcing the treasury to look elsewhere for funds. While the PM promises a GST reduction and hopes he can sell it to his party, our party is sold and when in power, WILL reduce the GST!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies