Canadian Federal Election: PLAY! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:14:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Canadian Federal Election: PLAY! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Federal Election: PLAY!  (Read 17440 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: March 19, 2007, 12:40:51 PM »

Why are the Greens in the debates? They weren't in them in RL.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:48:29 AM »

I believe the Greens have a right to be in the debate.

That may be true, however you're not the media- and the media would never let the Greens into the debate unless they held a seat.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 07:24:54 PM »

NDP leader Pierre Ducasse would like to applaud the media by allowing the Green Party into the debates.

"We believe this is a step in the right direction for democracy. I think it is important for Canadians to listen to the debate over the environment. We believe this will be a great opportunity for Canadians to hear this, and I believe they will understand how committed we are to the environment in the NDP. I look forward to the opportunity to debate against the Green Party and to show Canadians how superior our environmental platform is to all the parties."

Ducasse launched his campaign from Sept-Iles, Quebec in his home riding. He will be touring Quebec and northern New Brunswick to begin the campaign.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 09:49:39 PM »

At a press conference in Montreal, reporters asked NDP leader Pierre Ducasse about the left turn the Liberals have taken:

"The Liberals are no strangers to campaigning on the left. They do it every election, they are just campaigning more on the left this time. However, we all know how the saying goes: the Liberals campaign on the left and govern on the right. I see no reason for this to be any different.

Where were the Liberals in the last 13 years when so many autoworkers were put out of work? Where were the Liberals when the unions really needed them? Only the NDP can truly deliver for workers like it has been for its entire history. While their leader may be acting pro-union now- any government formed by them will be inherently anti-union."
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 11:03:34 PM »

Campaign event in Quebec City

"The Liberals are scared! They have once again stolen our ideas and our policies and are bashing us at the same time. 

If the Liberals want to go around praising unions so be it.  Unions and Canadian workers know the NDP is the right choice for them and have always been that choice. The Liberals have done nothing for unions.

The Liberals can not be trusted on the issue of the environment either. They have called us an "environmentalist party" as if it's an insult! Well, Mr. Sibboleth, this can't be further from the truth! We take pride in being Canada's true party of the environment! If you think supporting the environment is an insult, then you're telling Canadians the Liberals are not the right party for the environment. Canadians deserve cleaner air and cleaner water and healthier lives. That's why we're committed to reaching Canada's Kyoto obligations as well as investment in renewable energy sources and stricter environmental regulations. A vote for the NDP is a vote for a better life! A vote for the Liberals is a vote for corruption, arrogance, and a vote for empty promises.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 02:56:34 PM »

Ipsos-Reid Poll December 1 05

L 32 (-1)
C 29 (-2)
NDP 20 (+2)
BQ 10 (-1)
GRN 6 (+2)
OTH 3 (=)

What are the numbers in Quebec?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 03:39:48 PM »

Pierre Ducasse was in the Montreal riding of Mount Royal to talk with the jewish community about the importance of small businesses in Canada.

"It is unfortunate that the Jewish community of Canada has traditionally supported the Liberal Party of Canada. This is one stereotype we wish to dispel this election season.  One stereotype about the Jewish community that we do not with to dispel is that the Jewish community is known as being hard working businessmen and women.  This is why it is my privelege to be here in the riding with the most Jewish Canadians living in it to discuss the NDP's new platform on small business.

Recently the Liberals have taken a hard turn to the left. Does this mean the Liberals are no longer the party of hard working business men and women? It is our goal in the NDP to support all hard working Canadians, be they small businessmen and women and be they the working class.

Small businesses are what makes Canada the best country in the world. It is our plan to give tax breaks to small businesses because they are the first line to promote a more friendly form of capitalism. Without small businesses, monopolies grow and capitalism as a result suffers. We must invest in our small businesses so they remain competitive with the big retail chains that dominate our society. We must do this so all Canadians benefit and our economy benefits."
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 08:09:21 PM »

NDP leader Pierre Ducasse was in Bathurst, New Brunswick today:

"I'm not one to read to much in to polling numbers, but there is deffinitely a sense of optimism within the NDP right now. The Liberals have dramatically changed course and are alienating their base. Meanwhile, the Conservatives have had little to say so far this election. Perhaps they're scared that one of their candidates may say the wrong thing and reveal their party's true colours?

Ladies and gentleman, the time is now to vote NDP. We are the only party that puts hard working Canadians first. We are the only party that puts the environment first, and we are the only party to put Canada first."
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 10:23:18 AM »

Questions for NDP leader Pierre Ducasse from a random newspaper.

1. Sir, you're the NDP's first francophone leader I think? Why did the NDP choose a Quebecois when Quebec is your party's "worst province".

I think the NDP chose me, because the NDP wants to be more than Canada's third party. We are ready to form a government, and a party can't gain this by never having had a francophone leader. Quebec may have been historically our worst province, but it is also the most socially progressive province. A francophone leader I think is best to tap into Quebec, and I think we have a tremendous opportunity to make gains as a result

2. The Liberals have taken a steer to the left in this election. Your comments on that?

Well, it comes as no surprise that the Liberals are campaigning on the left. They always campaign on the left and govern on the right. I think the Liberals are scared and are trying to go even further to the left to steal our votes. The polls show though this has been a tremendous mistake.

3. You say your party puts the environment first. Why should we trust the NDP instead of the Greens or any other party?

The NDP's environmental platform is the best platform to really help the environment. The Green's plan to make corporations responsible for deciding how they restrict emissions will never help. Large corporations tend to run things for profit, and will avoid environmental regulations unless there are actual rules to stop them. Only an NDP government can make effective rules to help the environment.

4. What is your plan on global warming and climate change?

The NDP is committed to following the recommendations in the Kyoto Accord. However, that would not be enough to make a large enough dint in climate change. The NDP wants to diversify our energy producers, by closing down coal plants and opening up more windmill farms. We will also encourage Canadians to "go solar" by installing solar panels on their houses so they are not depending on non renewable energy sources

5. Your party is high in polls, even in Quebec. But do you think this boost is temporary and is a bubble about to pop?

If the Liberals continue their ways, they will continue to alienate Canadians and especially Quebeckers. The Conservatives innaction in this campaign will also alienate voters. Canadians then have the choice between a real alternative in the NDP, the "eco capitalist" Green Party or a bunch of silly fringe parties. That is why our bubble is unlikely to pop.

6. What is your platform on reforming the electoral system and the Senate?

The NDP has changed its platform in regards to the Senate for this election. We have long been a supporter of electoral reform. If elected, we will work with the other parties in ensuring that the Senate becomes a tripple "e" Senate; elected, effective, and equal. We plan on basing our model on the Australian system, where the Senate will be proportional to the number of votes received. Our proposal in the House of Commons is to have members elected using Instant Runoff Voting, allowing Canadians to rank their candidates on the ballot.

7. How would you explain the NDP surge in polls?

I've already answered this in question 5

8. Any last words, comments, questions?

Thank you for this opportunity Smiley

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 12:40:17 PM »

Mr. Ducasse was in Halifax, Nova Scotia to address concerns raised by the Liberal Party,

"The Liberals are scared! They have taken a harmless speech out of context, because they fear we are infrining on their territory! Well, I have this to say to you Mr. Sibboleth. You don't own the votes of Jewish people, and you don't own the votes of any Canadians. There's a reason why the NDP is gaining in the polls, because Canadians can't trust the Liberals and are looking to the NDP to deliver them results.

It's a pleasure to be here in Atlantic Canada, in the riding of our former leader, Alexa McDonough. The Liberals have for too long reigned supreme here in the Atlantic, but what have they done for Altantic Canada? People are leaving this region because there are no jobs, no opportunities. What have the Liberals done in the last 13 years for Atlantic Canada? Nothing substantive, for sure! An NDP government will invest in the Atlantic, by introducing new economic ventures that will attract younger people and ensure they don't contine their mass exodus."
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »

New branding:

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »

Wow, the NDP must have lost huge in the ROC if we gained from the Bloc so much.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »

NDP leader Pierre Ducasse was in Sydney, Nova Scotia today:

12 years of wasted Liberal years have left the people of Cape Breton with a lack of future. Ladies and gentlemen, an NDP government will give you that future.

We will create new economic opportunities. We will encourage business to come to Cape Breton and set up shop. With business comes jobs, and jobs means economic growth and prosperity. Cape Bretoners deserve this.

The Prime Minister has made many promises about labour unions and has continued to raise his support for them. I ask you, where have the Liberals been ever in regards to labour? It is the NDP who has supported the struggles of hard working Canadians like those in Cape Breton. The working people here represent the backbone of Canada, and we need to strengthen that back bone. Only the NDP can do this.

Thank you, merci.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies