2004 and beyond..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:35:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 and beyond..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 and beyond.....  (Read 25842 times)
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« on: January 31, 2004, 07:55:29 PM »

Reaganfan, since you are on the ground there, what does the general election look like in Ohio ? (Bush vs. Kerry).  Seems from what I've read that is the state Dems most covet taking from Bush.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 12:39:34 AM »

JFK was, I think, a very good president in the short time he was in.  He cut taxes and believed in a strong national defense.  I think he was a good leader.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 12:59:22 AM »

Why do you not want Hillary to run?
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 01:04:56 AM »

Is it that you think she's too polarizing a figure to win a general election?
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 01:15:57 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't make herself available for the ticket with Kerry.  Of course, it would be Kerry's decision but for her, given her ambition, it gives her great opportunity to be the nominee in 2008 should Kerry lose, and the heir apparent in 2012 if Kerry wins.  The woman is obviously VERY ambitious.  I know this.  I wouldn't want to be the Democrat in her way when she decides to go after the nomination.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 10:43:34 AM »

I am one Republican who doesn't hate FDR.  The record is mixed.  I think he was a good war leader and had a good working relationship with Churchill.  He should , however, never, ever been elected for that last term.  He was old and sick and allowed "Uncle Joe" to completely take us to the cleaners at Yalta.  His naivete about Stalin was unbelievable.  Also, his choice of Henry Wallace as VP could have been disastrous for this country had FDR died during his third term.  Imagine Henry Wallace as President of the United States.  God was truly smiling on this country when Wallace was dropped for political reasons from the ticket in 44 and replaced by Harry Truman.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 11:15:13 AM »

Perhaps, but selecting a communist apologist like Henry Wallace as VP of the US was unforgivable.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 01:54:47 PM »

Indeed it was full of sympothizers.  Wallace was one of the worst.  He was borderline treasonous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies