Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2017, 10:04:44 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  History (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Alexander Hamilton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Alexander Hamilton  (Read 15921 times)
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2004, 12:30:11 pm »
Ignore

In conclusion, on balance, Hamilton was a very bad man.

Well, each is entitled to his own opinion I suppose.

One question though Carl, why do you make such a huge issue of him being born out of wedlock and thus a bastard?

I was just waiting for some ignorant poster to dispute my point.

That was kind of cold Carl.
CARLHAYDEN
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2004, 06:43:00 pm »
Ignore

I did not mean to disrespect Kenndy, but, expected one of the ignorant lefties to defend Hamilton.

Registered in Arizona for Fantasy election purposes.
JohnFKennedy
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2004, 06:12:27 am »
Ignore

I did not mean to disrespect Kenndy

And I did not take it as such. Smiley.
5fins
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 06:33:55 pm »
Ignore

We as a people aspire to live up to Jeffersonian ideals but we live in a Hamilton world.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 06:46:25 pm »
Ignore

A good guy. Gets a far worse rap than he deserves.

And what does CARL have against bastards?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 07:26:46 pm »
Ignore

Like most of the Founders, mixed, leaning positive.  I give Washington a pretty uniform positive, and Aaron Burr a pretty uniform negative (shooting Hamilton is only one of the reasons I dislike Burr), but the other Founders all had ups and downs.  Hamilton (like Adams) correctly saw that the French Revolution's promise of "liberty" was a mere facade, and was a strong proponent of a more cohesive union, a goal I strongly support.  On the other hand, his views on class were simply scary, and he did have...certain very broad ambitions (as did, oddly enough, his archenemy Burr).

The Handsome Monkey King Son Wukong weighs in on politics.
Daniel Adams
YaBB God
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 07:44:40 pm »
Ignore

He was a great man. Understood that the ideals of the French Revolution were not those of the American Revolution. Was an abolitionist but knew that compromises with Southerners had to me made, for slaves had a greater chance of being eventually freed if a national United States government was established. Sure, he failed to see that strong state governments are just as important, if not more so, than a strong federal government, but overall my opinion of him is positive.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
Samoa

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 08:22:57 pm »
Ignore

Next to Washington, Hamilton in the end I think was the most important founder I think. He was way ahead of time on understanding economics, and was critical in helping the fashion a nation out of bits and pieces.
5fins
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 01:28:59 pm »
Ignore

JFK once ponder how our young small nation had three of the greatest minds of the 18th century. He went on the name them Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and Alexander Hamilton.

I believe Hamilton should be up with Adam Smith as one of the founders of modern economics thought. We are lucky he was never President because he believed corruption was the lubricant that made government work. He did spy for the British while he was in government but he did save our nation financially, while lining his pockets.

I could go with Washington adored him and that's good enough for me.
True Federalist
Ernest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 09:52:01 pm »

We as a people aspire to live up to Jeffersonian ideals but we live in a Hamilton world.

As did Jefferson.  Jefferson himself used Hamiltionian means to pursue his Jeffersonian ideals.  If Jefferson had not done so, there would have been no Louisiana Purchase (at least not without a Constitutional amendment) and no Embargo to name the two major actions of Jefferson.

Quote from: Ignatius of Antioch
He that possesses the word of Jesus, is truly able to bear his very silence. Epistle to the Ephesians 3:21a
The one thing everyone can agree on is that the media is biased against them.
Northam for Governor '17
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 12:51:46 pm »
Ignore

I've got a mixed opinion of Hamilton.  He had his positives, and his negatives, like most of the Founders, actually.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 04:06:34 pm »
Ignore

He was also my favorite founding father. It's a shame he was killed, he had much more to do. It's also too bad he could never become president because he was born in St. Croix. Hamilton vs. Madison in 1808 would be great.  Hamilton would win also, and the War of 1812 would be avoided. probably.
Northam for Governor '17
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 04:07:40 pm »
Ignore

He was also my favorite founding father. It's a shame he was killed, he had much more to do. It's also too bad he could never become president because he was born in St. Croix. Hamilton vs. Madison in 1808 would be great.  Hamilton would win also, and the War of 1812 would be avoided. probably.

But he was a citizen when the Constitution was adopted.  I think that meant he could've been President.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Neinrein

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 09:52:12 pm »
Ignore

I'm just curious what people think of him.

Horrible elitest. Believed that it was the job of the common man to sit back and docilely follow the instructions of the rich
WillK
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2008, 11:20:50 pm »
Ignore

... Hamilton vs. Madison in 1808 would be great.  Hamilton would win also ...

Would he really win?  I dont think he was that popular.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 01:46:56 am »
Ignore

Not in 1808, at any rate.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 09:41:04 pm »
Ignore

Except his elitist part, I disagree with that.
RosettaStoned
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 01:43:22 pm »
Ignore

Not really positive, not really negative.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout