Alexander Hamilton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:43:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Alexander Hamilton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alexander Hamilton  (Read 18687 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 11, 2004, 07:06:53 PM »

He definitly should stay on the $10 bill. If we put Reagan on anything, it should be the $1,000 bill, that way only people helped by trickle down economics and other economic policies of his will have to see it.  

Actually, if I had my way, the only existing bill I would change would be to place Henry Clay on the $50.  All of the other bills have a good connection between the person on the fron't abd the scene on the back.

Now if we get some denominations higher than the $100 bill  I'd want them to be chosen from the following combinations:

John Marshall - The Court Chamber of the Supreme Court
Theodore Roosevelt - Old Faithful in Yellowstone NP
Dwight D. Eisenhower - Omaha Beach on D-Day

The main reason I would be against placing Reagan on our paper money is that there is no good reverse image to put with him.  The same applies to FDR as well.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 07:24:21 PM »

The FDR dime was commisioned because FDR started the March of Dimes to cure polio. On the back of the dime you will see signs of the New Deal.
Yes, but those signs would not make a good reverse image for our paper money in the style of existing bills.  Coins and bills are two entirely different beasts.  I wouldn't mind seeing a series of presidential portraits on the half dollar since its reverse is based on the Presidential seal.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:52:01 PM »

We as a people aspire to live up to Jeffersonian ideals but we live in a Hamilton world.

As did Jefferson.  Jefferson himself used Hamiltionian means to pursue his Jeffersonian ideals.  If Jefferson had not done so, there would have been no Louisiana Purchase (at least not without a Constitutional amendment) and no Embargo to name the two major actions of Jefferson.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies