Alexander Hamilton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:34:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Alexander Hamilton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alexander Hamilton  (Read 18696 times)
dbpman
Rookie

« on: July 12, 2004, 08:52:15 AM »

Hamilton was an economic wonder for the new nation. The federal reserves building should be named for him.

tell me you are joking right?  Hamilton hated with a passion fiat currency.. its bad enough they put his head on their worthless paper money but to add his name to a building promoting the US fiat system is a big disgrace for this man.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

However I'm not a huge fan of Hamilton.  Nor am I a fan of his is idea of a central bank or a strong central government. If this country had gone to what Hamilton wanted we would be living in a Monarchy or an Aristocracy.  He hated the King of England but loved the idea of a Monarchy.  He thought that the rich and well-born should have a permanent role in controlling the masses.

There was also talk about corruption.  In 1792 he managed to get himself out of a congressional hearing on misuse of federal funds by shifting public focus to his adultery with Maria Reynolds.

Hamilton was all about Hamilton...Major womanizer and near the end of his life he even lashed out at his own Federalist Party and John Adams and commited what many considered political suicide by doing so.  

A very bright man but his inner demons got the best of him
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies