European Football Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:45:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  European Football Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: European Football Thread  (Read 48399 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 25, 2007, 12:33:00 AM »

England ties Isreal today

How long until McClaren is booted?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 11:00:09 AM »

Scotland got the 2-1 victory over Georgia they needed. We still sit atop the group but have to face Italy next Sad

They look good though, they're taking thier wins when they can, they look good for the long run.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 01:38:05 AM »

Absolutely brilliant play by Liverpool and especially Crouch, he hasn't looked that good in a very long time, perhaps he should break his nose more often.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 07:36:06 PM »

Utd. goes down hard to Portsmouth, great result.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 06:47:27 PM »

States my friend you know no one enjoys American football more than you Harry and I, but do not hijack my thread about soccer...

and NFL Europe is horrible
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 09:11:24 PM »

I like Chelsea but I must say what a great result for M Utd and for England, UEFA needs to take a lesson and ban Italy from participation until they can clean up their act like England did.

Great job.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 12:55:40 AM »

Chelsea edges out another win today, I thought for a moment Terry was going to start throwing fists again.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:18:50 PM »

Charlton were relegated today, they fought very very hard, and I feel bad for Alan Pardew, who hit a bad patch at West Ham and was fired, only to very nearly pull a poor Charlton out of the pits, I like him, I think their chances in the Championship next year are good, I hope they're back up soon.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »

Well... the game has just finished, Milan played better, but what in the hell is the deal with the referee ending the game before MINIMUM stoppage had passed? Benitez has good reason to ask for an explanation.

Congrats to Milan, I still hate Italian football, they're horrible examples, and AC Milan doesn't deserve to be in competition this year.

This year, despite all the star power, has been a poor year for English clubs (even if you're a Man Utd. fan) I think next year will be a million times better.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 09:00:02 PM »

AC Milan doesn't deserve to be in competition this year.
Strongly agree.

This year, despite all the star power, has been a poor year for English clubs (even if you're a Man Utd. fan) I think next year will be a million times better.
Strongly disagree.
Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United made the Semi Finals of the Champion's League. This can't be brushed off as poor.

I agree that we did well in the Champions league, but we lost, and the Prem was boring this year, only two teams ever has a shot, Arsenal wasn't competitive, Liverpool stopped caring many weeks before the end (try Christmas) and West Ham cheated and no justice was done.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 02:21:23 AM »

Beckham back in the England squad Shocked

Good news.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 06:26:56 PM »

England 1-1 Brazil

Not the win that would have saved McClaren, but a good sign nonetheless.... you would think they could have held Brazil off for few more seconds though....

Beckham was in fine form, I hope he can continue producing like that.

In very sad news, Giggs has quit the Wales national team, he was one of a few bright spots for the team, I can hope sometime soon we can build a good young team, but for now, Wales stays at the bottom.

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 06:23:43 PM »

It was the wierdest game I have seen in a long time.

Ditto, sad news for Scotland, too bad.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 11:50:55 PM »

Hang McClaren, dreadful dreadful dreadful.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 02:39:35 AM »

Sat and thought about it... This is not a hindsight issue, I've always argued with the Ex-Pat colony in Austin that I often watch matches with that Beckham was top notch and would always perform when challenged, this was proven in a major way last night, his crossing service was designed for a man like Crouch (who need more playing time, even when Rooney is healthy) I've said it and I've always said it, tonight was prime example

I just don't know, I tried very very hard to like McClaren, but he's made it impossible, the rookie goalkeeper in the biggest game of the campaign, dueling egos with a more than viable Beckham, and an overall black cloud over the whole thing.

Good Riddance, Mourinho for the job if you ask me.

And could Carson been any more horrible? not a punch but a parry?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 12:17:21 PM »

I'm really feeling Jose getting the job, I'm no expert but with such heavy heavy favour for him already, with no qualms visible on the street about a non-english manager I really think the FA may look out the window and see a mob that has to be satisfied, by more than just sacking the fall-guy.

Jose would be the best, I'd put them as favourites out fornt for the WC if he was hired.

O'Neil has always bugged me, he's got heart but not success to follow it.

I think Redknapp and Coppell would do a decent job but they certainly don't project a very friendly picture that fits European competition if you ask me.

Beckham needs to be backed by whoever it is, he has another World Cup in him, and had he been used properly by McClaren England would have qualified.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »

I think it is fair to say that Harry Redknapp will not be the next England manager. Ahem.

Quite. Nothing proven yet, but you don't hire someone under active criminal investigation. End of.

Sheesh what a mess, if it had to be an English manager it would be him though, I hope he comes out clean but I don't think that will be the case, Jose looks like he's back in the hunt for the job so good times.

Good results for English clubs this week, have to have something to look forward to...
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 03:33:58 AM »

Sheesh what a mess, if it had to be an English manager it would be him though, I hope he comes out clean but I don't think that will be the case,

It would take nothing short of a miracle (or something extremely dodgy happening) for Redknapp to come out of this clean. He's as bent as hell and everyone knows it.

Yeah pretty much.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 01:47:09 PM »

Good move for the team, I hope this is the beginning of a turnaround for Ireland.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »

YES YES YES YES YES

Atta boy Lampard
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »

Munich was some level of awful I've never seen, how embarrassing.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 01:40:08 PM »

Munich was some level of awful I've never seen, how embarrassing.
Though one must admire the finishing ability of Zenit.

Quite, my level of football hackery has certain clubs above reproach, and I'm incapable of understanding when someone like Zenit takes them behind the shed.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »

Great game, I told everyone before hand, Chelsea is my team, but I want Giggs to score the winner for Man Utd.

What'ya know.... What a hero....
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »

Yeah yeah yeah England
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »