Do you see any major shifts in the next decade? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:58:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Do you see any major shifts in the next decade? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you see any major shifts in the next decade?  (Read 15182 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 31, 2007, 01:40:06 AM »
« edited: March 31, 2007, 01:41:38 AM by Nighthawk »

Reignman,

Out of curiosity, why do you see the southeast trending that way so strongly?  Increased Hispanic vote portion?  Because New Mexico and Arizona seem very different to me otherwise.  It would make sense for GA & NC.

I'm also interested on hearing your logic on ME, which really surprised me by being red on the map.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 03:37:05 PM »

Mr. Moderate, I'm curious about your logic in regards to Oregon.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 04:10:01 AM »

Mr. Moderate, I'm curious about your logic in regards to Oregon.

Same here. I believe that when you look at presidential election trends since 1992, Oregon ranks like 4th in the nation when it comes to trending Democrat.

Some people think it's trending back a little since a couple years ago.

I'm getting deja vu, so sorry if I've ranted like this before.

The way I look at it it, Washington County and such doesn't seem to have any indications of trending anything but Dem.  Clackamas County has its inner suburbs (they go along with Washington County) like Lake Oswego and then its outer exurbs, which I don't see as getting any more GOP.

Beyond that, I'm not sure where the GOP would improve...the growth around Bend isn't good enough, and probably not even Republican enough.  I see it as stagnant, with more potential for the Dems.

The only area I really see the Dems risking losing in Oregon in the near future is Columbia County, and it continues to be inexplicably resistant.  I was expecting it to trend Bush big time in 2004 like other working-class counties with lots of Dem-friendly evangelicals.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 09:31:27 PM »

Er, Tarheel, with all respect - regional optimism?  Because, seriously...what's going on here?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies