final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:52:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline  (Read 7570 times)
skybridge
« on: April 02, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »

Romney certainly is a serious candidate. Nobody raised his kind of money, won as many endorsements or built a comparatively strong organization the way he did. Romney ran a more sophisticated campaign in a month than people like McCain did in four years! I don't think he'd make a strong general election candidate at all, but there's hardly any stopping him from winning the GOP nomination.
skybridge
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:12:05 AM »

Romney certainly is a serious candidate. Nobody raised his kind of money, won as many endorsements or built a comparatively strong organization the way he did. Romney ran a more sophisticated campaign in a month than people like McCain did in four years! I don't think he'd make a strong general election candidate at all, but there's hardly any stopping him from winning the GOP nomination.

You don't think Mitt Romney would be a strong candidate in the general election?  LMAO.  As weak as he is, just take a look at who his potential opponents are:  a shrill New York hag with no chance in hell of winning the presidency even if Satan himself were the GOP nominee, a one-term liberal black senator, and another one-term senator ex-trial lawyer.  At least Mitt Romney can point to some sort of accomplishments during his tenure as governor

I predict the 2008 election to be eerily similar to the 1988 election Bush versus Dukasis.  Easy win for the GOP

Romney embodies everything people currently dislike about the GOP and that's not going to help in 2008. However, I never said he might not have a trick or two up his sleeve.
skybridge
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 04:31:29 PM »

Can someone explain to me what donors see in Romney? Were I a Republican, I'd invest my money in either Giuliani or Thompson, assuming the latter runs.

He's one of them. He can be fully trusted with their money. People like Giuliani or Thompson might think they're so great in their own right that they can follow their own path instead of returning favors. But trust Romney with your money and it will pay off. He won't flop where it matters.
skybridge
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 01:52:23 AM »

Can someone explain to me what donors see in Romney? Were I a Republican, I'd invest my money in either Giuliani or Thompson, assuming the latter runs.
Romney remains a pathetically weak candidate who did nothing but put on a show for a quarter.

Yeah, setting the fundraising record and winning the straw poll are such signs of weakness. Even if his numbers aren't there yet otherwise, he knows better than anyone how to "turn things around." The stakes are too high for his campaign to fail.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies