Is Lautenberg in trouble? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:04:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Lautenberg in trouble? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Lautenberg in trouble?  (Read 4021 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 01, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »

in a normal state he would be in trouble.

nj loves electing horrible people.

Not always.  What about Christie Whitman?  Well, I guess DWDL would want to expel her from the party, considering her positions on the issues.

And for all the crap you guys give Lautenberg, he has been solid on delivering for his state.  I particularly like the work he has done on transportation and expanding NJ Transit.  He's also a strong supporter of Amtrak, which is always a plus in my book.

Virginian87 is correct. Lautenberg has been a good senator. He is a leader on transportation issues and has taken the chemical security debate and put it in the forefront. NJs chemical plant security laws are tougher then the federal laws, and now a new bill would set federal laws applicable and make NJs defunct despite the fact ares are tougher. Lautenberg is fighting to change that.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

I cannot say this enough: New Jerseyans do not deserve good government, because they consistently vote against it.

No one especially likes cranky ol' Frank, but without a strong candidate like Bill Baroni, the octagenarian has more reason to fear the grim reaper than the New Jersey GOP.

Bill Baroni is currently running for the State Senate with alot of union labor behind him. Because he is running for the State Senate, it is very unlikely hell run for U.S. Senate.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 11:04:26 AM »

I cannot say this enough: New Jerseyans do not deserve good government, because they consistently vote against it.

No one especially likes cranky ol' Frank, but without a strong candidate like Bill Baroni, the octagenarian has more reason to fear the grim reaper than the New Jersey GOP.

Bill Baroni is currently running for the State Senate with alot of union labor behind him. Because he is running for the State Senate, it is very unlikely hell run for U.S. Senate.

And he is the strong candidate I was referring to.

I for one am glad Baroni is not running. He definitely would be one of the stronger GOP candidates. All along though I thought that he was waiting to run for Governor. The State Senate seat just brings more name rec.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »

Honestly, I never thought Baroni would run for the US Senate in 2008 in the first place, but given the current state of that 14th District State Senate race, it is unlikely he'll have to campaign at all to win that seat.  Democrats in the district are rolling over, with Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein opting out of a bid because she just can't beat him.

Of course, because Bill Baroni is Bill Baroni, he'll be campaigning for the seat like he's 20 points behind.  He's already got an incredible slate of unions backing him already.

I know Wally Edge says that a run for State Senate puts Baroni out of the running for US Senate, but I honestly fail to see how a bid for State Senate will be any different for him than a bid for State Assembly.

In this race it wont be much different, especially with Linda Greenstein backing out and opting to run for reelect to the Assembly. Odds are the Democrats wont put up anyone competitive against Baroni. Like I said before I still think he wants to be Governor. Lets see how much he wins by, and then we can speculate as to a possible run in 2009 against Corzine, or as a Lt. Governor candidate in 2009.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies