Is Lautenberg in trouble? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:46:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Lautenberg in trouble? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Lautenberg in trouble?  (Read 4024 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 03, 2007, 02:12:48 PM »

I cannot say this enough: New Jerseyans do not deserve good government, because they consistently vote against it.

No one especially likes cranky ol' Frank, but without a strong candidate like Bill Baroni, the octagenarian has more reason to fear the grim reaper than the New Jersey GOP.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 02:46:41 PM »

I wish all states voted like NJ. Refusing to vote for Republicans under any circumstances whatsoever is always a good thing.

Yes, which is why half of New Jersey's urban politicians are currently under indictment.  Torricelli '08!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Despite what you think, Tom Kean Jr. is a thoughtful, intelligent candidate who ran the dumbest, most ridiculous campaign possible, because he listened to too many consultants whose only experience was losing other races in New Jersey for Republicans.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 02:13:01 PM »

I cannot say this enough: New Jerseyans do not deserve good government, because they consistently vote against it.

No one especially likes cranky ol' Frank, but without a strong candidate like Bill Baroni, the octagenarian has more reason to fear the grim reaper than the New Jersey GOP.

Bill Baroni is currently running for the State Senate with alot of union labor behind him. Because he is running for the State Senate, it is very unlikely hell run for U.S. Senate.

Honestly, I never thought Baroni would run for the US Senate in 2008 in the first place, but given the current state of that 14th District State Senate race, it is unlikely he'll have to campaign at all to win that seat.  Democrats in the district are rolling over, with Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein opting out of a bid because she just can't beat him.

Of course, because Bill Baroni is Bill Baroni, he'll be campaigning for the seat like he's 20 points behind.  He's already got an incredible slate of unions backing him already.

I know Wally Edge says that a run for State Senate puts Baroni out of the running for US Senate, but I honestly fail to see how a bid for State Senate will be any different for him than a bid for State Assembly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies