Is Lautenberg in trouble? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:58:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Lautenberg in trouble? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Lautenberg in trouble?  (Read 4014 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: March 31, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »

There is absolutely no chance Republicans can win a statewide election in New Jersey in a Presidential Election Year.
Welcome to the forum.

I disagree though on NJ. Guiliani is in good position to win NJ, if he is up against Clinton in '08. That could drive enough votes to elect a Republican like Tom Kean Jr. Lautenberg is too old and seems to be out of touch with NJ to win if Guiliani is running for Preisdent in '08.

I agree that Giuliani does have a good shot at winning New Jersey, should he win the GOP nomination (yes, I'm still waiting for some guy to fill that void on the GOP 2008 bench) but my money will be on the Democrats retaining the Senate seat despite the fact that Lautenberg has never topped 54% in any of his four Senate races and has poor approval ratings

Indeed, no Republican has won election to the Senate since Clifford P. Case was elected to his fourth term in 1972

Furthermore, the Class 1 seat (for which Lautenberg served three consecutive terms from 1983 to 2001) has been continuously Democratic since 1959, with the exception of a brief period in 1982 when Nicholas F. Brady served as an interim appointment; while the Class 2 (Lautenberg's since 2003) seat has been continuously Democratic since Bill Bradley was elected in 1978

My advice to Republicans is: "Don't build your hopes up" Wink

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies