Largest city to vote for Bush? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:57:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Largest city to vote for Bush? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Largest city to vote for Bush?  (Read 35289 times)
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« on: April 09, 2007, 06:24:55 PM »

Uh wait, Fresno/County is a Republican stronghold. San Bernandino and Riverside are also very Republican.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:23:50 AM »

(sorry for digging) ROFL Wikipedia's saying that Dallas voted 1.4% for Bush.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »

(sorry for digging) ROFL Wikipedia's saying that Dallas voted 1.4% for Bush.

It uses two sources:

1. The county results.  Which are obviously not the city results, and are what it's quoting.  (Bad Wikipedia, bad.)

2. A study that says Dallas cast 75% of votes for liberal candidates.  The study does seem to have some flaws, though.  The city of Vancouver, Washington, even considering split precincts in outlaying areas, did not vote for Bush as claimed.
Yeah, I read that study. Allentown being one of the most conservative cities really strikes me odd, especially considering Kerry won Lehigh County.

And yeah, it really seems sometimes that Wikipedians can't tell the difference between a city and a county.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »

Allentown voted 58% for Gore. I doubt there was that big of a swing in 2004, which should stand that Kerry won it too.
That's what I thought.

Damn that study... It's the closest thing I have to determining what cities voted for Bush/Kerry and it's (somewhat) unreliable.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »

Dallas went Democratic as well, right?
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 02:48:40 PM »

I'm kind of surprised Indianapolis was so close. When I was there it seemed like a typical urban area and probably saw about 10 white people who weren't either at the hostel I was staying at or there for the fest. I guess I must've been deep in "the hood", and there's plenty of other areas not like that at all. I did see a few suburban-esque neighborhoods though, but what's kind of surprising is those and the urban areas seem to be spread out all over, rather than just having one large spot of urbanity and the rest being suburban.
The CD which contains most of Marion county voted 56% for Kerry. But the outer areas of the county are probably heavily Republican (which may have made it close).
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 04:26:47 PM »

I should note, I was in NE Indianapolis but still within the I-74 loop. I suspect outside the loop it's far more suburban and Republican.
That could be the case; Indianapolis has, if I'm not mistaken, one of THE most conservative suburban areas in the nation. But the suburban counties are growing fast as Indianapolis is undergoing the same thing Nashville is undergoing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies