Total Middle East war looming?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Total Middle East war looming?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Total Middle East war looming?  (Read 1618 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2007, 07:33:51 AM »

Interesting article/interview with Prince Saud Al Faisal.

"Mideast 'risks war if peace plan fails'"

Riyadh: The "lords of war" will decide Israel's future if it rejects a blueprint for peace crafted by the entire Arab world, Saudi Arabia's veteran foreign minister warned.

Prince Saud Al Faisal told The Daily Telegraph that the Middle East risks perpetual conflict if the peace plan failed.

Under this Saudi-drafted proposal, every Arab country would formally recognise Israel in return for a withdrawal from all the land captured in the war of 1967.

This would entail a Palestinian state embracing the entire West Bank and Gaza with Occupied East Jerusalem as its capital.

Every Arab country will almost certainly endorse this blueprint when the Arab League summit in Riyadh concludes today. Prince Saud said Israel should accept or reject this final offer.

(Cont...)
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:36:12 AM »

I love how they believe they are being 'generous' or 'considerate' with this offer. Priceless.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 08:22:05 AM »

I love how they believe they are being 'generous' or 'considerate' with this offer. Priceless.

Yeah, basically "If you don't let us cut off your toe, then you don't embrace peace!"
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 12:48:35 AM »

Might as well get the inevitable done and over with at this point.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 10:08:34 AM »

I don't wish it, but I am losing faith in any resolution whatsoever, and I don't think we will be alone in the batte, we may have some suprise allies.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 11:39:11 AM »

Well its not the Arab nations that Israel has to worry about now, it's Iran and its supported organizations such as Hizbollah. The Arab League is going to agree with this because the Arab nations are in complete turmoil. They no longer have the power and backing that they once had militarily and are now beginning to be eclipsed by the new Persian Empire that is brewing in the east. So an agreement between Israel and the Arab nations would be a nice token peace agreement but it would do nothing since Israel's enemy now is Iran and her constituent organizations that are trying to destroy one bulwark to their power over the Middle East.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 12:36:31 AM »

Persian Empire?  That's hilarious.  Everyone who resists Imperial domination is accused of being an empire.  People, there is only one empire, and it is obviously america. 

Anyway, MODU/Affleictch, how can you call asking for an end to the occupation and oppression unreasonable?  What are the Arabs supposed to want, a continuation of the brutal status quo?

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 02:03:31 PM »

The current times we are in in regards to the Middle East kind of remind me of the times before the outbreak of World War I.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 03:34:22 PM »

People, there is only one empire, and it is obviously america. 

Actually the world's only Empire is Japan who's formal name is the Empire of Japan. Wink
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 11:00:51 PM »

Actually the world's only Empire is Japan who's formal name is the Empire of Japan. Wink

It's a shame Emperor Bokassa I was deposed.  He had more style than the typical African dictator.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2007, 04:41:35 PM by Senator Colin Wixted »

It's a shame Emperor Bokassa I was deposed.  He had more style than the typical African dictator.

Well if your definition of style includes cannibalism then I guess he had style. Supposedly Jean-Bedel Bokassa was having a state dinner with then President Valéry Giscard d'Estaing they had been eating for a few minutes when Boukassa asked how d'Estaing was enjoying his meal, Mitterand replied that he was enjoying it. Boukassa then states that he is happy that he enjoys his meal of human flesh and continues eating. Bokassa is not the only African leader who has dined on this "delicacy" Idi Amin was also said to endulge in cannibalism and cannibalistic rituals.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »

Ick.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »

I won't be suprised if a total Middle East war occured in the next 30 years. I hope there isn't though. And before this battle occurs, the United States would want to send as many missiles and tanks into Israel as quickly as possible.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies