Josh's cool little maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:10:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Josh's cool little maps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Josh's cool little maps  (Read 7919 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:10:20 PM »

These are some maps I've been playing around with for a couple of days. Hope you like.

I'll start posting them after this post.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 10:15:34 PM »

Ok, I'm going to start with how Men and Women voted in the election of 2004.

MEN

WOMEN

Green=Tie
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 10:22:02 PM »

This show which party had the highest turn out..

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 10:22:30 PM »

What's interesting is an age breakdown. Mississippi voters under 30 went Kerry 63-37, while those over 60 voted Bush 69-30. Maybe in 25 years, Mississippi will become hardcore Democratic.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 10:27:48 PM »

What's interesting is an age breakdown. Mississippi voters under 30 went Kerry 63-37, while those over 60 voted Bush 69-30. Maybe in 25 years, Mississippi will become hardcore Democratic.

I'm working on them maps now... I have one already done. Plus I'm working on RELIGION MAPS!
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 04:42:27 PM »

I don't think women voted for independents in those states.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 05:03:26 PM »

I don't think women voted for independents in those states.

True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 06:28:24 PM »

My mistake.
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 06:48:01 PM »

It's probably due to much of that demographic being black,

I remember reading somewhere that the majority of children enrolled in Mississippi public schools are now black. I wouldn't be surprised if a large proportion of the 18 to 30 age group are black when compared to the state's population as a whole.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 07:48:42 PM »

I remember reading somewhere that the majority of children enrolled in Mississippi public schools are now black. I wouldn't be surprised if a large proportion of the 18 to 30 age group are black when compared to the state's population as a whole.

Which is interesting in itself. Mississippi is by far the most African-American state. As the elderly white population dies off and is replaced by the poor, young black population, will it become an almost DC-like Democratic stronghold?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »

Which is interesting in itself. Mississippi is by far the most African-American state. As the elderly white population dies off and is replaced by the poor, young black population, will it become an almost DC-like Democratic stronghold?

The demographic shift isn't happening at that rate, and frankly I think the exit poll was just plain wrong.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 05:37:38 AM »

How did the Generation 60+ vote in 2004 ?

PS: I did not mix up VT and NH. The older Vermontians voted indeed for Bush ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 06:26:07 AM »

How the Under-30-year-olds voted in 2004:

PS: Maine is a bit strange and all the southern Bush States are within 10% in the youth vote, except for AL.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 06:29:33 AM »

I´m wondering why there is such a big discrepancy in the Mississippi and Alabama Youth vote 2004 ?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 06:59:56 AM »

Remember; all these things are is exit polls. Interesting, but not especially reliable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 10:55:58 AM »

The reason young North Dakotans voted so heavily for Bush is all the liberal ones are in Minnesota. I'm not kidding. Basically every other ex-North Dakotan I've ever met here has been liberal. The state Democratic party even said a big problem of their woes was all the Democrats were leaving. Funny, but as I show, very true.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »

The reason young North Dakotans voted so heavily for Bush is all the liberal ones are in Minnesota. I'm not kidding. Basically every other ex-North Dakotan I've ever met here has been liberal. The state Democratic party even said a big problem of their woes was all the Democrats were leaving. Funny, but as I show, very true.

Good for Minnesota. Better protect the 10 Electoral Votes with the influx of liberal farm kids than gaining the 3 of ND.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 03:01:51 PM »

Is there ever a case in which you don't blindly trust what you see as a representative sample?
RBH

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »

I remember reading somewhere that the majority of children enrolled in Mississippi public schools are now black.

It's been that way for awhile, the white Mississippians put their kids in "Segregation academies" after all
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

Good for Minnesota. Better protect the 10 Electoral Votes with the influx of liberal farm kids than gaining the 3 of ND.

Mostly not farm kids. I wasn't one. They're the ones staying.

Is there ever a case in which you don't blindly trust what you see as a representative sample?

I am in this case because it applies to me as well, so I completely understand the thinking behind it. Can you think of a better explanation for ND's under 30 bracket voting for Bush more heavily than the state overall and much higher than the national numbers?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 12:52:18 AM »

You are originally from ND ?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 04:53:12 AM »

You are originally from ND ?
That's why I sometimes call him "Dakota". His parents are originally from MN though.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 05:47:50 AM »

Does the turnout map say which group had the highest turnout or which group made up the biggest share of voters? I suspect it is the latter, but the heading indicates the former.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 04:32:14 PM »

It show which party had the highest turn-out
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »

Does the turnout map say which group had the highest turnout or which group made up the biggest share of voters? I suspect it is the latter, but the heading indicates the former.

He means the highest turn-out as a percent of voters, not as party members.

Lots of states have no party registration.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies