Interesting fishing-related referenda map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:24:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Interesting fishing-related referenda map
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interesting fishing-related referenda map  (Read 2041 times)
RBH

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2007, 10:35:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That Amendment passed 72-28, but with some pretty staunch opposition from fishing areas.

Now that's a map.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 06:22:26 AM »

I'm assuming green = yes and red = no. Interesting really there RBH, the area that voted "no" isn't as big of a fishing area as you'd think. More fishing is done from the big bend south along the west coast and over towards Miami. When was this amendment passed? I can't recall voting for it or not.
RBH

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:15:09 AM »

I'm assuming green = yes and red = no. Interesting really there RBH, the area that voted "no" isn't as big of a fishing area as you'd think. More fishing is done from the big bend south along the west coast and over towards Miami. When was this amendment passed? I can't recall voting for it or not.

It was passed in 1994.

I'd imagine that the red area has some sort of interest in that amendment, if they're voting overwhelming against it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »

It was passed in 1994.

I'd imagine that the red area has some sort of interest in that amendment, if they're voting overwhelming against it.

Well, I wasn't here or able to vote in 94. Things have changed a lot since 94 in Florida and I'd imagine this amendment would be a lot closer then it was back in 94.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 03:44:02 AM »

Fisher peoples in the South would have been hopelessly outvoted, I assume.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 03:29:42 PM »

Well, it would really depend on the state. I'd imagine not much so in Louisiana but Florida on the other hand probably has more ranchers and farmers.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 02:17:47 PM »

Well, it would really depend on the state. I'd imagine not much so in Louisiana but Florida on the other hand probably has more ranchers and farmers.
Sorry. I meant in South Florida, as opposed to the areas where the no side won in this referendum.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 12:55:22 AM »

Sorry. I meant in South Florida, as opposed to the areas where the no side won in this referendum.

Aye, I'd imagine so. Smiley
RBH

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 10:26:59 PM »

I found the following referenda from Georgia

Amendment 5, 2002:

"To allow different tax rates for commercial dockside facilities used to land and process seafood. (HR 364)

“Shall the Constitution be amended so as to provide that commercial dockside facilities consisting of real and personal property whose primary use is the landing and processing of seafood may be classified as a separate class of property for ad valorem property tax purposes and different rates, methods, and assessment dates may be provided for such dockside facilities?"

Question D, 2002:

“Shall the Act be approved which grants an exemption from ad valorem taxation on commercial fishing vessels whose primary use is the catching of seafood?”

5 failed 43/57

D failed 33/67

But, while we're on the politics of fishing.

This amendment wanted to authorize tax exemptions for commercial fishing boats and it failed 62/38, but it was approved of by 8 South Texas counties.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies