"MoveOn Primary" Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:49:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  "MoveOn Primary" Results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "MoveOn Primary" Results  (Read 631 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:26:32 PM »
« edited: April 12, 2007, 01:28:14 PM by fe234 »

I guess this can be called the liberal CPAC. Take it with a grain of salt I guess, but look at how poor Hillary did.

Full Results:

Obama 28%
Edwards 25%
Kucinich 17%
Richardson 12%
Clinton 11%
Biden 6%
Dodd 1%

Not Counting Online Voters:

Edwards 25%
Richardson 21%
Obama 19%
Other (not broken down) 35%

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/04/12/138493.aspx

"Liberal -- and anti-war -- MoveOn has released its members' preference results from the online presidential forum it conducted Tuesday night. Asked which candidate they believe would be best able to lead the country out of Iraq, nearly 28% of the members picked Obama and about 25% selected Edwards. They were followed by Kucinich at 17%, Richardson at 12%, Clinton at almost 11%, Biden at 6%, and Dodd at 1%.

Perhaps the most interesting finding: 89% picked someone other than Clinton.

***Update*** Another finding: Among the MoveOn members who watched the online town hall at a MoveOn-sponsored party, Edwards won (with about 25%), followed by Richardson (at 21%), and then Obama (at about 19%). That suggests that Obama did much better with people who just participated online versus those who attended the parties."
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:15:07 PM »

Well, I guess it does at least show that she is seeing some serious backlash from her centrist move. I hope she continues to see this downward trend among progressive thinkers.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:07:40 PM »

I'm suprised Obama won. I would have thought Edwards would have had it in the bag. Great showing for Richardson as well. Of course I'm not so sure any of this means anything.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »

I'm suprised Obama won. I would have thought Edwards would have had it in the bag. Great showing for Richardson as well. Of course I'm not so sure any of this means anything.

I agree.  With MoveOn, Edwards should have pulled more votes.  I think Obama is still riding the "fresh" wave on the left.  Once the two start debating, I think Edwards will be their favorite.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies