Yeah, um, whatever happened with Prodi?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:48:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Yeah, um, whatever happened with Prodi?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yeah, um, whatever happened with Prodi?  (Read 1087 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:26:49 AM »

I'm not very up on world politics, but I heard before that Prodi was resigning and that Berlusconi might try to take the PM back.  What happened with that?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 10:29:20 AM »

He resigned in order to put a new government (which consisted of the same parties than the old one) together... which he did a few months ago.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »

He resigned in order to put a new government (which consisted of the same parties than the old one) together... which he did a few months ago.

So no hope for Silvio regaining the post?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:34:12 AM »

Not unless there is another election and House of Freedoms wins.

Also what is with the American conservative hard-on for Berlusconi? There are better and much more successful conservative leaders out there than a corrupt Italian political don.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:41:05 AM »

I think I have to correct my previous statement a bit. It's just a technicality, but Prodi's government is still the same as ever, although putting a "new" one (consisting of the same parties) had been an option. Instead he faced a vote of confidence in parliament, which he won.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 10:47:18 AM »

Also what is with the American conservative hard-on for Berlusconi? There are better and much more successful conservative leaders out there than a corrupt Italian political don.

Berlusconi is entertaining and very Pro America so we're going to like him.

Anyway, Prodi's government will hopefully fall about soon. I don't know how likely that is but that's what I'm hoping for. New elections would be a win for Casa della Liberta.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 10:56:06 AM »

Berlusconi is entertaining and very Pro America so we're going to like him.

Anyway, Prodi's government will hopefully fall about soon. I don't know how likely that is but that's what I'm hoping for. New elections would be a win for Casa della Liberta.

You might find it amusing to know, then, that Prodi's government almost fell because he was trying to pass a bill to support the United States in Iraq. Berlusconi's coalition plus some far-lefters in L'Unione opposed it and thus opposed Italy supporting the United States.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »

You might find it amusing to know, then, that Prodi's government almost fell because he was trying to pass a bill to support the United States in Iraq. Berlusconi's coalition plus some far-lefters in L'Unione opposed it and thus opposed Italy supporting the United States.

Oh, I know what happened. I admire Prodi for sticking with his foreign policy proposals. Berlusconi and his coalition obviously had another motive for opposing the policy so I really can't blame them.  Tongue  God bless Senator Rossi!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies