Number of children per family by state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:08:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Number of children per family by state
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Number of children per family by state  (Read 36487 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »

With all of the large, well known companies that are based in the Twin Cities, it doesn't surprise me that incomes are relatively quite high. 

In the last 6 years, however, income growth has stagnated in the metro while rural Minnesota has seen large increases in income (in the traditional farming, tourism, and industry belts).
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2007, 12:41:18 PM »

Interesting how Florida is pretty much even across the whole of the state.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 09:32:37 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2007, 09:36:22 PM by nclib »

Violent Crime Rate by State:

Blue = above average crime
Red = below average crime

The Deep South surprised me.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »

Let's diverge a little:

Dropout Rate by State:

If you are attempting to imply a coorelation, its pretty weak.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2007, 11:24:01 PM »

Myself implying a correlation or someone else?

On a different note, the median income map is complete and includes all states except Alaska.

http://www.maxairitsas.com/medianhincp.PNG
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2007, 08:08:09 AM »

I never realized how wealthy of an area the Minneapolis metro area is. The whole subruban area forms a ring of over $60,000 incomes around the city.

It appears that MN is in third place for the number of counties with median income over 60K. They have 7 behind VA 10 and MD 9.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2007, 10:04:36 AM »

Hmmmm  I find it interesting that Warren County has the highest median income in the Cincinnati metro area.  Generally I've considered Butler County to be the wealthiest.  I suppose I should have realized that the fast growing suburbs in Warren Co. would surpass Butler.  All the new houses in Warren Co. are about twice the size of the ones in the Butler Co. suburbs.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2007, 02:32:20 AM »

Hmmmm  I find it interesting that Warren County has the highest median income in the Cincinnati metro area.  Generally I've considered Butler County to be the wealthiest.  I suppose I should have realized that the fast growing suburbs in Warren Co. would surpass Butler.  All the new houses in Warren Co. are about twice the size of the ones in the Butler Co. suburbs.
Warren also included Hamilton and Middleton which were established cities before they became suburbs.  Counties further out can be more purely suburbs.  People are going to move their to buy a house.  If they live an apartment, they can live in closer to the city.

Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2007, 08:49:01 AM »

Warren also included Hamilton and Middleton which were established cities before they became suburbs.  Counties further out can be more purely suburbs.  People are going to move their to buy a house.  If they live an apartment, they can live in closer to the city.

Hamilton is actually the county seat of Butler County and while Middleton straddles both Butler and Warren Counties the majority of the city is in Butler.  Warren Co. contains the fast growing city of Mason which is where most of the nice new houses I was referring to are being built.  There is also significant growth in the county seat of Lebanon.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2007, 07:23:31 PM by nclib »

I made a map of the percent of the population having two or more races:

Red = above average
Gray = at average
Blue = below average

Interesting how the West (minus the Mormon triangle) comes out on top here.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2007, 02:23:56 PM »

Interesting.  New Mexico is kind of odd to me, though.  And Kansas?  Does this map count Hispanics as multiracial?  If not, that makes sense.  Although I still would think that Native American/white multiracial people would outdo whatever Kansas got red for (black/white?).

Does the "Mormon Triangle" include Wyoming?  Because Wyoming is only about 11% Mormon, which - while above average - is much below Utah and Idaho.  It's more in line with Arizona.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2007, 05:12:53 PM »

Interesting.  New Mexico is kind of odd to me, though.  And Kansas?  Does this map count Hispanics as multiracial?  If not, that makes sense.  Although I still would think that Native American/white multiracial people would outdo whatever Kansas got red for (black/white?).

Here's the link: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/ranks/rank10.htm

Not sure what they qualify as multiracial, though due to the very low countrywide percent of multiracial people, my guess is that Hispanics are not considered multiracial but someone who is 1/2 Hispanic, 1/2 White (or Black, etc.) would be.

New Mexico is gray--were you expecting it to be above or below average?

Yeah, I was surprised by Kansas too. I can't find the multi-racial breakdown, though Kansas has more Hispanics than Blacks.

Does the "Mormon Triangle" include Wyoming?  Because Wyoming is only about 11% Mormon, which - while above average - is much below Utah and Idaho.  It's more in line with Arizona.

I had included Wyoming as part of the Mormon Triangle, though you're right that it's only 11% Mormon, though it has much more in common politically and culturally with Idaho and Utah than Arizona. What I meant to say was that the West (minus Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming) had a much higher rate of two-raced people than the rest of the country.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2007, 04:57:12 PM »

Interesting how West Virginia is (besides Florida?) the lowest.  Not quite the stereotype attributed to it.

Doesn't West Virginia have the highest population of cannibals? I'm thinking  the children are eaten over there.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2007, 05:19:44 PM »

It's funny that Virginia is above average with its history of interracial marriage and all.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2007, 05:32:40 PM »

Doesn't West Virginia have the highest population of cannibals? I'm thinking  the children are eaten over there.

ahaha
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »

I thought the Mormon Triangle was Utah, Idaho and Nevada (minus Las Vegas and the far Western parts)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2007, 10:00:30 PM »

I thought the Mormon Triangle was Utah, Idaho and Nevada (minus Las Vegas and the far Western parts)

The Mormon "triangle" is Utah and Idaho plus one of Wyoming, Arizona or Nevada, your choice. Arizona is about 10% Mormon, Wyoming is about 11% Mormon, and Nevada is about 13% Mormon.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2007, 12:18:30 AM »

The Mormons of Utah are indeed spreading to neighboring states. However, Colorado only has about 2% Mormons. Coloradans have been able to drive out the Mormons. With baseball bats.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies