GOP Presidential Debate Predictions for 5/3/2007
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:37:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  GOP Presidential Debate Predictions for 5/3/2007
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Presidential Debate Predictions for 5/3/2007  (Read 1380 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2007, 09:15:41 PM »

What do you think we'll see on MSNBC Thursday night, May 3, 2007 when the Republican Presidential Candidates take their turn for their first debate?

Will Chris Matthews as moderator make any difference in the debate?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »

Matthews will most likely waste the candidtes answer time asking drawn out questions that side track into stories about himself or people he knew years ago.
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 11:32:23 PM »

Romney will shine. McCain will lose his mind. Tommy Thompson will jiggle his neck.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 06:51:26 AM »

Rudy will definetly lose by a landslide because he is a terrible speaker.  Romney will shine with his looks and charisma.  McCain will come across well but still look stupid.  Tancredo will provide some life, and then ask McCain why he isn't nuking anyone.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 08:37:38 AM »

Rudy will definetly lose by a landslide because he is a terrible speaker.  Romney will shine with his looks and charisma.  McCain will come across well but still look stupid.  Tancredo will provide some life, and then ask McCain why he isn't nuking anyone.

Rudy is not a bad speaker at all, Even though he speaks with a slight lisp he is overall in my opinion a great speaker.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 09:56:38 AM »

Rudy is not a bad speaker at all, Even though he speaks with a slight lisp he is overall in my opinion a great speaker.

Everytime I hear Rudy speak I lean more towards supporting him.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2007, 01:25:26 PM by Kevin »

Everytime I hear Rudy speak I lean more towards supporting him.

Your currently backing a sinking ship at the moment, However I'm still pretty much on the fence but leaning towards Romney.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »

Anyone else notice Matthews drools when he starts ranting?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »

I don't know. Isn't it sad that I was more excited to see the Dems debate? Part of me doesn't want to watch it. Thompson needs to get in this race as soon as possible.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 07:43:16 AM »

I'm just waiting to hear the comparisons between the GOP debate with Matthews and the non-existent DNC debate with FOX News.

StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 03:32:41 PM »

What do you think we'll see on MSNBC Thursday night, May 3, 2007 when the Republican Presidential Candidates take their turn for their first debate?

Will Chris Matthews as moderator make any difference in the debate?

Knowing Matthews, he'll try to play "Hardball". I think he'll piss someone off and receive some stick from one of the conservatives in an effort by him to bring some attention to himself.

I doubt the Republican candidates, despite their spinmeisters claiming so afterwards, will make the base feel any better.

As for myself, Forza Ron Paul!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »

-Romney will come off as a slimy game show host (which people like I guess...) and not quite answer some questions or lie and throw some more dirt on top of himself.
- Ron Paul will be seen as the nice but old and senile candidate.
- Tancredo will be seen as crazy.
- Hunter will be unnoticeable.
- Brownback will constructive and articulate yet somewhat crazy.
- Tommy Thompson and Jim Gilmore will just be there, no one really sure what exactly they're doing there.
- McCain will switch between the kind, smiling grandfatherly figure and the grumpy next door neighbor figure.
- Huckabee will do alright, but not spectacular. He does have the most to gain here though.
- Who knows on Giuliani. He could give articulate answers and really shine or he can completely bomb, dodge every question, and show holes in experience.

Possible showdowns: McCain v. Tancredo on immigration. Paul v. everyone on Iraq.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 07:16:18 PM »

Tancredo will be entertaining.

McCain will probably make numerous gaffes, and come off as senile.

Romney will look good and sound robotic.

Hunter, Thompson, and Gilmore will vanish into the colors not to long into the debate.

Brownback will come off as a derranged yokel.

Ron Paul will be interesting, but ultimately forgettable.

Huckabee will arise as the ultimate winner of the debate. He'll be well spoken and just conservative enough to appeal to the base and not look like a loon.

Giuliani will do all right on the whole, but will leave much to be desired. I expect him to play it safe and dance around his minor suicide issues.
Rococo4

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 11:24:06 PM »

probably absoluetly nothing we dont already know will come out of it, just like the Dems one.  More of a press conference and ads than a debate
Jacobtm

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 12:50:33 AM »

Mathews really likes Guiliani, he's made it known on his show frequently, wonder if that'll color his questions at all...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies