CO: Bob Schaffer announces Senate run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:21:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO: Bob Schaffer announces Senate run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: Bob Schaffer announces Senate run  (Read 4104 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: May 04, 2007, 12:39:13 AM »

Udall vs Schaffer is going to be an epic fight

Are you being sarcastic? I really think there is about an 80% chance of Udall winning against Schaffer.

What are you talking about?  Colorado is more conservative than Idaho and Schaeffer will win in a rout, obviously. Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 01:38:52 AM »

It's not that you're pessimistic about Republican prospects.  It's that you're pessimistic about Republican prospects after you're the one who swore to everyone to the very end Santorum would win after all.

That's really just normal after being so disappointed about something.  After John Kerry lost in 2004 following my getting all hopeful about a Democratic victory, I became very pessimistic about Democrats' chances in future elections.  It's at least partially something of a defense mechanism - you can't let down if you have low expectations, and you certainly can be pleasantly surprised.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies