We all are in grave danger!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:54:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We all are in grave danger!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: We all are in grave danger!  (Read 15197 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 05:15:28 PM »

haha, Jmfcst, you're awesome! You really do relate everything in life to movies, don't you? Tongue

But seriously, has she not heard of hyperbole? That's basically what 99% of the posts she linked to entail. And her version of "rude" is quite tame.

Indeed, one of my favorite lines used on this board was when Jmfcst turns a couple of Jester's lines (that was some great flying right up until you got shot...never leave your wingman)...against someone...i laughed hard.

the sad thing is - probably less than half of my movie references get noticed

Like this one I took from the movie Can't Buy Me Love:

For the record, I do not know where it is originally from

Oh, you snake. 

Don't be shifty with the boys. 

This piece is perfect.

Complete with plush “I don’t want to work” blanket.

That's strategy, my man. All right.

My movie quoting talents are soooo underappreciated on this forum
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 05:20:07 PM »

Like this one I took from the movie Can't Buy Me Love:

That's because most of us aren't old enough to appreciate obscure 1980s films. But I'm sure MODU or J.J. got the reference Tongue
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 05:20:36 PM »

Seriously, this is just sad. Jfern - do you honestly think that posting a message saying "don't go here" on a blog that appears that has no readers, or at least extremely few, will be effective?

Are you done beating your wife?

Jfern?  The blog belongs to Texasindy.

My apologies jfern - my mistake. My assumption was based on all the California stuff(you have a California avatar), the claims that the media is not liberal by any means(something you've claimed unless my memory is faulty), the general tone of the post, and the "attack on me" post linked having your name specifically mentioned. Didn't help that it was a little late at night and I was probably a bit tired. Looking it over again I do see that it is texasindy and not you. Again, my bad.

Still, no need for the bad attitude - a simple indication of the mistake would have sufficed.

See, not so hard to admit a mistake, now is it? Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 05:22:55 PM »

Seriously, this is just sad. Jfern - do you honestly think that posting a message saying "don't go here" on a blog that appears that has no readers, or at least extremely few, will be effective?

My apologies jfern - my mistake. My assumption was based on all the California stuff(you have a California avatar), the claims that the media is not liberal by any means(something you've claimed unless my memory is faulty), the general tone of the post, and the "attack on me" post linked having your name specifically mentioned. Didn't help that it was a little late at night and I was probably a bit tired. Looking it over again I do see that it is texasindy and not you. Again, my bad.

Still, no need for the bad attitude - a simple indication of the mistake would have sufficed.

...so are you done beating your wife, or not?

The world needs to know these things
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 05:43:05 PM »

A shame really. I liked her, and she seemed so mild mannered and kind. Seeing this also causes me to lose all respect for her. Im just glad she left before she was able to tarnished the far leftist name on the forum. I would not have liked to have been a Texas Indy apologetic. It wouldve been waaaaay too much work.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 06:08:46 PM »

...so are you done beating your wife, or not?

The world needs to know these things

Well Gabu, at the moment I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I'm not drunk right now, which is a good sign. So the answer hinges on one thing - is that b**ch done making my f**king dinner yet?

To better explain the situation, I think the use of this finite state diagram will suffice:
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »

You seriously just didn't make chart did you?
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 06:21:55 PM »

I love this forum.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »

Of course not, I made it before I married my wife - I had to ensure she would understand the dymanic of the relationship.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 06:34:43 PM »

Of course not, I made it before I married my wife - I had to ensure she would understand the dymanic of the relationship.

Don't get sarcastic with me BOY
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 07:21:30 PM »

Boy? I think not - I beat my wife like a certified professional wife beater. That takes a real man, so don't you get an attitude with me you little s**t. (that's how us professional men say 'boy' just so you know)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2007, 07:35:47 PM »

Well what a baby. Jeez, so a few people don't agree with everything you say, oh wow. Grow up and grow a pair or just go off and keep writing a blog that no one reads. You always seemed like such a nice person and one open to debate and the free expression of ideas. It seems to me that I need to learn to be a better judge of people.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 01:07:46 AM »

I posted a love note. Smiley
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 01:12:54 AM »

Man...that reaches like an 8.5 on the arsehole richter scale.

High Five.

I'm impressed...no...I really am. I enjoy making arsehole comments and know a good one when I see it.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 01:45:21 AM »

I liked texasindy a lot but I'm really not sure where she is drawing her current feelings about the forum from.  If anything this forum is more prone to bashing conservatives IMO.  Also, when you join any forum you have to be prepared to deal with infinite numbers of assholes.  It's just the way the internet works.  Detached communication over the internet tends to bring out the meaner side of people.  It's just the nature of the beast.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 04:33:27 AM »

Boy? I think not - I beat my wife like a certified professional wife beater. That takes a real man, so don't you get an attitude with me you little s**t. (that's how us professional men say 'boy' just so you know)

I'm too lazy, cowardly, and weak to beat anybody.  My Ladies are beaten for me by a helpful professional - The Pimp! Smiley
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »

Seems she disabled the posting of comments, and removed the link to them. I obviously can't re-enable the posting of comments, but here's a link to the comments:

http://www.haloscan.com/comments/californianintexas/1706125744017418130/
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 11:51:51 AM »

Seems she disabled the posting of comments, and removed the link to them. I obviously can't re-enable the posting of comments, but here's a link to the comments:

Apparently she's also deleted the comments.

I think we all should write in our blog how much of a fascist she is and how she's being so rude and is not attempting to attend to our needs and desires.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 12:06:15 PM »

I think we all should write in our blog how much of a fascist she is and how she's being so rude and is not attempting to attend to our needs and desires.

We have a blog?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007, 12:08:58 PM »

We have a blog?

Well if we don't, we should!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2007, 12:41:45 PM »

Looking at Yaks link, the first line of the comment page is:  Banned by webmaster. Your comments will not be added

Man . . . they don't even add a period at the end of the sentence!
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2007, 01:17:18 PM »

Looking at Yaks link, the first line of the comment page is:  Banned by webmaster. Your comments will not be added

Yup... she deleted the comments. Further, she disabled ALL comments throughout her whole site. Bit touchy, isn't she?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »

Yup... she deleted the comments. Further, she disabled ALL comments throughout her whole site. Bit touchy, isn't she?

She evidently is not terribly open to opposing modes of thought, that's for sure.  Especially since she seemed to think that a level-headed comment on the part of Alcon was "rudeness".
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2007, 01:19:09 PM »

Well to be fair, all the comments were from people on this site that were basically flaming her.

Of course, the post on her blog that inspired it was a total overreaction anyway.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »

Well to be fair, all the comments were from people on this site that were basically flaming her.

Of course, the post on her blog that inspired it was a total overreaction anyway.

Yaks' wasn't.  I didn't get to see States' comment before it was deleted, but I'll assume that it probably was not friendly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies