We all are in grave danger! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:48:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We all are in grave danger! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We all are in grave danger!  (Read 15238 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: May 10, 2007, 07:23:10 AM »

Lol. "Oh noes, I can't delete my account!!!"

Seriously, this is just sad. Jfern - do you honestly think that posting a message saying "don't go here" on a blog that appears that has no readers, or at least extremely few, will be effective? Hell, by linking the site you're telling people we exist and you may even be getting us some new users. Sorry, but it's not going to stop people from coming here as anyone with half a brain can see your claims are at best blown out of proportion. Just because this isn't Daily KOS doesn't mean this thread is overly conservative - in fact it's quite balanced. Sure there are shifts in how the forum leans, but overall I come here simply because there are lots of different viewpoints discussed.

Also, if you want to get your account deleted and can't get it done, then just leave the forum and don't login ever again. It's not brain surgery.

Jfern?  The blog belongs to Texasindy.

Considering the tone and language, this is an honest mistake.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »

Last time I checked, she was the one who started this whole ruckus by badmouthing people on this forum behind our backs.

Secondly, James, grow up.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »

Go  yourselves.
You sexist bastards, if she were a male, you would treat her better.

LOFL.  What does that have to do with anything?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 03:45:56 PM »

I thought you had already left and deleted the leaving thread.

So now are you going to ask for your account to be deleted and then delete the post asking for your account to be deleted?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »

This discussion is pointless.

I don't care why people leave the forum. Seriously, just shut up and leave. If you don't want to be bothered afterwards, don't invite people to bother you by dragging on the conflict. If she departed peacefully and did not persist in complaining, but Atlasians started visiting her blog and insulting her without the slightest provocation, then I would have a huge problem with that. Stalking people who aren't bothering you in the slightest is rude. However, by complaining about the forum on her blog, she is essentially demonstrating that she hasn't given up and wants to continue the flame wars. I am not lowering myself to the position of posting annoying comments, but at the same time, I don't think that they were completely undeserved, either.

Anyway, this is an Internet forum. I honestly don't understand why anyone would take the Internet this seriously. Just get a dose of reality and stop worrying so much about what people on the Internet think of you.

Just FYI, she posted about this forum on the blog before people found her blog and started posting comments.

Quite frankly, posters on this forum didn't find out about her blog until after her last outburst on this forum and HardRCafe's subsequent link.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 03:54:26 PM »

I thought you had already left and deleted the leaving thread.

So now are you going to ask for your account to be deleted and then delete the post asking for your account to be deleted?

That was you 11,000th post.

I DID NOT DELETE IT! Alcon locked it and deleted it.. I did not delete it..

It was my 11,000th post?  Huh, I didn't know that.  It was good post, even I'll admit that. (self-compliment)

So, if Alcon (instead of you) deleted your leaving thread, that must mean that you didn't change your intent about leaving this forum.

So, why haven't you left yet?  Or have you changed your mind about leaving this forum which is what the deleted leaving thread that you didn't delete said.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 04:24:19 PM »

Why? I did it myself when I first left.

The function was removed about two years ago, IIRC.

Probably b/c of Philip, I imagine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies