We all are in grave danger! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:51:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We all are in grave danger! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We all are in grave danger!  (Read 15240 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: May 10, 2007, 12:16:40 PM »

I like the post from Alcon that she gives as an example of "rudeness" from moderators.  She also gives two examples of "liberal bashing", neither of which are really either bashing nor directed at liberals.

Apparently, anything that doesn't put her up on a pedestal and venerate her on high is rudeness.  As far as I can tell, her reason for hating the forum so much can be boiled down to "I asked for things, and they were not immediately granted with full reparations and apologies."
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 12:26:59 PM »

Apparently, anything that doesn't put her up on a pedestal and venerate her on high is rudeness.  As far as I can tell, her reason for hating the forum so much can be boiled down to "I asked for things, and they were not immediately granted with full reparations and apologies."

Well, as far as I know, the real world doesn't work that way, so why the hell should this forum?

The internet seems to have this magical effect on people that makes them feel as though they are god of their realm and that the world exists to revolve around them.

Then if they don't get that result from something, they spend every waking moment of their lives whining about it, all the while declaring that they don't care.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »

Yak gets bonus points today for his comment on her blog.  Smiley

Thank you. Where can I redeem these bonus points? Smiley

The reward vendor is located in MODU's house.  PM him for directions.

He also has candy in his van, so go there to claim your extra special prize.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:22:55 PM »

Seriously, this is just sad. Jfern - do you honestly think that posting a message saying "don't go here" on a blog that appears that has no readers, or at least extremely few, will be effective?

Are you done beating your wife?

Jfern?  The blog belongs to Texasindy.

My apologies jfern - my mistake. My assumption was based on all the California stuff(you have a California avatar), the claims that the media is not liberal by any means(something you've claimed unless my memory is faulty), the general tone of the post, and the "attack on me" post linked having your name specifically mentioned. Didn't help that it was a little late at night and I was probably a bit tired. Looking it over again I do see that it is texasindy and not you. Again, my bad.

Still, no need for the bad attitude - a simple indication of the mistake would have sufficed.

See, not so hard to admit a mistake, now is it? Wink

...so are you done beating your wife, or not?

The world needs to know these things
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 11:51:51 AM »

Seems she disabled the posting of comments, and removed the link to them. I obviously can't re-enable the posting of comments, but here's a link to the comments:

http://www.haloscan.com/comments/californianintexas/1706125744017418130/

Apparently she's also deleted the comments.

I think we all should write in our blog how much of a fascist she is and how she's being so rude and is not attempting to attend to our needs and desires.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »

Seems she disabled the posting of comments, and removed the link to them. I obviously can't re-enable the posting of comments, but here's a link to the comments:

http://www.haloscan.com/comments/californianintexas/1706125744017418130/

Apparently she's also deleted the comments.

I think we all should write in our blog how much of a fascist she is and how she's being so rude and is not attempting to attend to our needs and desires.

Looking at Yaks link, the first line of the comment page is:  Banned by webmaster. Your comments will not be added

Man . . . they don't even add a period at the end of the sentence!

Yup... she deleted the comments. Further, she disabled ALL comments throughout her whole site. Bit touchy, isn't she?

She evidently is not terribly open to opposing modes of thought, that's for sure.  Especially since she seemed to think that a level-headed comment on the part of Alcon was "rudeness".
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »

Well to be fair, all the comments were from people on this site that were basically flaming her.

Of course, the post on her blog that inspired it was a total overreaction anyway.

Yaks' wasn't.  I didn't get to see States' comment before it was deleted, but I'll assume that it probably was not friendly.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 03:09:06 PM »

It seems to me that if she wants us to leave her alone, she can always simply put this forum behind her and not talk about it.  Yet she keeps bringing it up over and over.

Quite frankly, she gets what she asks for.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »

It seems to me that if she wants us to leave her alone, she can always simply put this forum behind her and not talk about it.  Yet she keeps bringing it up over and over.

Quite frankly, she gets what she asks for.

Yall didn't have to make those nasty comments about her on her blog.. quit stalking her... (not directly at Gabu, but in general to the forum)

And she didn't have to make nasty comments about us on her blog.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 03:38:08 PM »

Go  yourselves.

You sexist bastards, if she were a male, you would treat her better.

I don't see TexasGurl getting any crap from this forum due to being female.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 03:51:28 PM »

I request that Dave Punishes everyone who has made a bad remark about texasindy in this thread.

Punishes them for what, first degree Not Being Nice To Someone Who Badmouthed Everyone Behind Their Back?

A spine is a valuable asset to any complete person, as is skin that is a bit more durable than silk.  Also useful to round out the whole is the ability to talk to others rationally and to display a bit of modesty and humility.  It is also useful not to speak to others as if they owe you something and as if the world revolves around you.

The world is not an ideal paradise crafted just for you, and people who act as if they want it to be one quite frankly get what they deserve.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »

I changed my mind about leaving the forum... until now, as I am considering it again.

You're welcome to leave.  I don't know why everyone is always so insistant on making a big deal about it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »

This forum would be so much better if BushOklahoma posted more.. and perhaps if he was a moderator.

He is a very hard-working guy.. and has made it through college, even though he has a disability... he may be scarily conservative for a Democrat, but at least he is respectful about his social views...

He is the only true Christian on This Forum....

Thank you for this meaningful and completely relevant statement.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »

*sigh* This thread has gotten really depressing. I never had any issues with texasindy before this, and I didn't really have any with jamespol either. Now I've lost a great deal of respect for them both. While I can sympathize with jamespol over his belief that texasindy was treated rather badly, his response here has been rather immature.

Oh well, might as well get drunk and beat my wife - that might make me feel better.

Getting drunk is always the answer, John. Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 04:54:35 PM »

I was eating while I was typing that...

Fascinating.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 06:24:21 PM »

I love it when I derail a stupid thread!!

Given that this entire thread was about texasindy, you haven't exactly done so.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 06:33:38 PM »

I love it when I derail a stupid thread!!

Given that this entire thread was about texasindy, you haven't exactly done so.

Lets turn this thread into a different topic now..

You've already proved that you are insane, so we can't change to that...

Hmm....what to talk about....

How about that local sports franchise?

The one owned by texasindy who by the way does not really like the Atlas Forum?

Oh yeah, texasindy, I remember her.

jamespol, too.

texasindy and jamespol... yep.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 06:37:40 PM »

This girl who apparently does not like the Atlas Forum, apparently.

So I heard, though.

Did you hear anything like that?  It's just a rumor on this blog or some sort oh yeah that blog is also where she badmouthed us or something I don't know what that was about can you provide more information maybe?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 06:39:43 PM »

I agree, let's change the topic which reminds me we were talking about topic-changing and then we were all like "hey texasindy change the topic" and she really doesn't like the Atlas Forum or something so I heard do you know anything about that?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »

BTW yall, untill she has her account deleted, she will not remove that blog about this forum. No how, no way.

And I believe I am the cutest dude who posted on this thread today Cheesy!!!

Do you think that Dave feels threatened by her or something?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 07:58:55 PM »

I agree with TexasIndy, and I didn't see anything in her blog entry that represented a personal attack on anyone.

She personally attacked Alcon as well as the forum as a collective whole for no good reason.

I guess that could be seen as a personal attack, and it probably was uncalled for, but like I've said, she's just frustrated.  LEAVE HER ALONE!!

Frustrated at what?  At... the fact that political debate occurs on a board?  I mean, I could see it if she gave excellent and ample examples of pure, vile viciousness, but she didn't give many examples, and the ones she did gave were so mild compared to what I've seen elsewhere on the internet as to be laughable.

I mean, really, it takes less effort not to care about this forum if you're honestly that upset about it.  If someone truly wants to leave someplace and honestly doesn't care about it, you don't react in the way that she did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies