A Domestic Storm: 1992 Alternative Timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Domestic Storm: 1992 Alternative Timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Domestic Storm: 1992 Alternative Timeline  (Read 18986 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: May 15, 2007, 09:24:26 AM »

"Good writers borrow from other writers, great writers steal outright."
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:43:59 AM »

Clearly heavily inspired by The West Wing in both style and substance. Nonetheless, even beyond those points which are clearly inspired from the show, your writing is very good. Well done.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »

"Good writers borrow from other writers, great writers steal outright."

“Good writers borrow from other writers, great writers steal outright.”

Grin

I'm still waiting for other key quotes/phrases though - some of my favourites...
  • The President, while riding a bicycle on his vacation in Jackson Hole, came to a sudden arboreal stop.
  • Victory is mine, victory is mine, great day in the morning people, victory is mine. I drink from the keg of glory, Donna, bring me the finest muffins and bagels in all the land.
  • And I see we're spelling 'hallowed' with a pound sign in the middle.
  • Are you telling me that not only did you invent a secret plan to fight inflation, but now you don't support it?
  • I have to get back to work. And you, being a Congresswoman... I'm sure you need to be back out there... you know, screwing the people.
And, of course,
  • Andrew Jackson, in the main foyer of his White House had a big block of cheese.

Oh, I could go on all day...
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:13:43 PM »

Come on John - the Debate! - Bring it on! Tongue

Bonus points if you can include any of the following:
"There it is. That's the ten word answer my staff's been looking for for two weeks. There it is. Ten-word answers can kill you in political campaigns. They're the tip of the sword. Here's my question: What are the next ten words of your answer? Your taxes are too high? So are mine. Give me the next ten words. How are we going to do it? Give me ten after that, I'll drop out of the race right now. Every once in a while... every once in a while, there's a day with an absolute right and an absolute wrong, but those days almost always include body counts. Other than that, there aren't very many unnuanced moments in leading a country that's way too big for ten words. I'm the President of the United States, not the President of the people who agree with me."

"Sixty percent is six of ten in a focus group. You change one mind, it's a dead heat. You change two, it's a landslide. This campaign's a mechanism of persuasion. We're not asking for a show of hands."

"I think it depends who shows up. If it's Uncle Fluffy, we've got problems. If it's the President - in his last campaign, in his last debate, for the last job he'll ever have... if the President shows up, I think it could be a sight to see. I mean, a sight to see."

" 'In the history of the world?' When we say that, are we comparing ourselves to the Visigoths, adjusted for inflation?"

And finally one you'd obviously have to adjust:
"Actually, what you've done in Florida is bring the right together with the far right. And I don't think Americans are tired of partisan politics; I think they're tired of hearing career politicians diss partisan politics to get a gig. I've tried it before. They ain't buying it. That's okay, though; that's okay, though, 'cause partisan politics is good. Partisan politics is what the founders had in mind. It guarantees that the minority opinion is heard, and as a lifelong possessor of minority opinions, I appreciate it. But if you're troubled by it, Governor, you should know, in this campaign, you've used the word 'liberal' seventy-four times. In one day. It was yesterday."
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:47:31 PM »

Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2007, 09:20:02 AM by Jas »

This map is:
Clinton 251
Bush 181
Tossup 106

Which is 1 EV short of where Bush is according to Ford.
According to the scenario the following are definite uncalled: Iowa, Oregon, Washington, and California.
The following were uncalled, but the text implies that time has moved on: Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, and Kentucky.

I divided up the remaining states and then moved as few as possible (Florida and Kentucky) of the latter group to get as close as possible to the EV's John put down. Still can't find a perfect fit, but this be the best I've come up with.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 04:28:20 PM »

Well done John.
Good work...but what we all want to know is, when does the next one start Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies