Lieberman working to make McConnell Majority Leader (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lieberman working to make McConnell Majority Leader (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lieberman working to make McConnell Majority Leader  (Read 7313 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: May 14, 2007, 07:26:13 PM »

Lieberman is one of the better Senators in the country.  But, sadly, he has put himself in a position where he only has 5 years 8 months left as a Senator.  There is no way, at least right now, that he will win re-election in 2012 should he decide to run.

I hope he doesn't switch parties, but if he does, more power to him.  He would be good in either party.  I personally like Majority Leader Reid, however.  Of course, I'm speaking as a Democrat.  Majority Leader Frist didn't do anything whatsoever, so I'm not too sure Majority Leader McConnell would do anything either.  Remember, McConnell was Frist's Whip and was part of the "do-nothing" Congress.

Technically, Mitch McConnell should be Majority Leader right now, as there are the count is actually 49-49-2.  The 2 independents are just caucusing with the Democrats, but its actually a tie in the Senate and thus should either have McConnell as Majority Leader or a Co-Majority and no-Minority.  Oh Well.

I don't think President Bush has really lost the Senate, as that is a razor thin majority by the Democrats and Vice President Cheney is still a major factor of the Senate and thus can break any ties.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:12 PM »

Question:  Would he be doing this if he had he won the Democratic Primary a year ago?

I think he would
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 10:18:57 PM »

So, he's a DICO (Democrat in Caucusing Only), what of it?  That's the way he sees things, and that's fine with me.  Its okay with me if he ever decides to join the Republican party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies