Rev. Jerry Falwell gravely ill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:14:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rev. Jerry Falwell gravely ill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Rev. Jerry Falwell gravely ill  (Read 10191 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »

From the trash the other posters have spewed on this thread you're going after DWTL? His comment, though irrelevant, was by far one of the mildest things said here thus far.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2007, 03:16:25 PM »

anyone else find it spooky that Jerry Falwell's death has caused Migrendel to come out of him tomb?

Mat 27:50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.  51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. 52The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »

From the trash the other posters have spewed on this thread you're going after DWTL? His comment, though irrelevant, was by far one of the mildest things said here thus far.

Don't get uptight. It's up to God to judge him.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2007, 03:18:54 PM »

This thread really shows the immaturity level of the forum has dropped about as low as possible.

Hope his family is coping as well as can be expected. RIP
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »

I must say that calling me the corporeal representation of holiness is perhaps the nicest thing anyone has ever said of me, jmfcst.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2007, 03:20:22 PM »

Don't get uptight. It's up to God to judge him.

I agree with you completely. I don't even really like the guy and didn't agree with him very much at all. But still, their are times people need to give it a rest.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2007, 03:20:52 PM »

Because DWTL needs to be reminded of this fact, in case he forgets it for a few seconds.

My other comments are for the other posters who fall under its guidelines.  No need to single out people there, because they're not so easily singled out.

I also expect jmfsct to post about 5 more Bible verses on this thread, at least.  Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 03:21:30 PM »

RIP.

I'll reserve my critique of the man and his beliefs for a less inappropriate time in the future.  It certainly isn't my place to judge others here, but I do think it'd have been classier if some people here had done the same.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »

Rest in peace Reverand Falwell. He fought the good fight and finished the race. Today he heard the welcoming words of the Lord he served, "Well done mine good and faithful servant. Enter thou into the glory of thy Lord."
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 03:26:40 PM »

Even though I'm sad to hear about him dying, I'm glad that maybe the Republican Party can start considering throwing off the chains of the religious right. 
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 03:34:26 PM »

I must say that calling me the corporeal representation of holiness is perhaps the nicest thing anyone has ever said of me, jmfcst.

While some may have construed my remarks as a contrasting comparison, I'm glad to hear from you again nonetheless.  I thought this forum could NOT get any more illogical when you were a regular participant; but, as you can see from this thread, many of the newer members of this forum have proved me wrong.  Wink

Again, it is great to hear from you!  I hope all has been well with you.

StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »

Westboro Baptist Church will protest Jerry Falwell's funeral.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 04:23:53 PM »

RIP. I didn't agree with Falwell on many things, but I'm sure he was a good husband and father so my prayers are for his family

On one of the Fox News shows, either The O'Reilly Factor or Hannity & Colmes , I recall him saying someting along the lines that were any of his children gay he'd counsel them but there would always be a room for them in his house. So, I don't think Falwell was totally void of humility, which is more than I could ever say for those down at Westboro Baptist Church who plan to protest his funeral

Dave
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 04:24:49 PM »

Westboro Baptist Church will protest Jerry Falwell's funeral.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

I like the songs they have on their page...

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/html/patriotic_songs.html
nlm
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 04:30:29 PM »

So, I don't think Falwell was totally void of humility, which is more than I could ever say for those down at Westboro Baptist Church who plan to protest his funeral

The supporters of Westboro Baptist make dung beetles look like shining examples of humanity.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2007, 04:52:50 PM »

Feel bad for his family, but thats about it.  I know your not suppose to say anything bad about people who have just died, but its hard to have any kind of sympathy for a bigot who preached hate at every turn
nlm
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2007, 05:22:49 PM »

I know your not suppose to say anything bad about people who have just died, but its hard to have any kind of sympathy for a bigot who preached hate at every turn

The guy dumped on a lot people when he was alive - I don't think expecting them to pretend that they will miss him or in any way mourn his passing is very reasonable. You get what you give - there is no "you are not supposed to" beyond what ever sense of political correctness may burden you in a case like this.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2007, 05:26:26 PM »

A truly disgusting excuse for a human being who i hope is burning in hell right this moment.
Straightforward enough?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2007, 05:30:26 PM »

Falwell must have made god mad, so god has punished him.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »

Funny, I always thought death was a promotion.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2007, 05:53:03 PM »

I see nothing wrong with people expressing their distaste for him even though he is recently deceased. This is a political forum and I highly doubt anyone close to him would come here and become offended. Besides, did you really expect that kind of respect for such a controversial figure on a forum about politics? Real shocker!

I sympathize with his family and friends, but I am apathetic that he has passed. If anything, those that agree with his stances should be overjoyed at his death.. after all, he's up there playing craps with the Jesus.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2007, 06:00:04 PM »

I don't want to speak of the dead badly, so I'll simply say that I hope the Rev. Falwell rests in peace.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »

Funny, I always thought death was a promotion.
Then why did God wait so long? 73 years? He takes some minutes into life. Perhaps the longetivity is his punishment

Disclaimer: Everything I said above makes zero sense at all and I am not at all supporting any Heaven based or Godly thought
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2007, 06:38:17 PM »

anyone else find it spooky that Jerry Falwell's death has caused Migrendel to come out of him tomb?

Mat 27:50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.  51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. 52The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Why you sly dog.  Migrendel as Lazurus.  Clever indeed.

As for Falwell, I believe in a mercyful God, one which will heal his soul of the intollerance and hatred involved in his past, rather than cast him into some sort of eternal torture or irony. (would an intollerant man meet with an intollerant God, recieving only as much forgiveness as he allowed onto others.

As you do onto the least of my breathren and all that, you know.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2007, 06:43:39 PM »

BYEBYE!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »